Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default Removing the top of modern dual flush cistern

Helped sister move into new house yesterday and the loo upstairs has water
running down the back of the pan and the flush isn't working.

I was going to whip the top off the cistern and have a look but couldn't
get the lid off! Whats the trick here?

It's a 4 year old house, modern loo with the dual flush button to allow you
to choose pathetic or really pathetic flush.

The plastic surround around the buttons does turn a bit but doesn't unscrew
completely (at least, if felt like something was going to snap...)

So, a) how do I get the top of and b) any suggestions what is broken (is
there still just somesort of dual syphon or is it going to be an odd flap
arrangement)

Cheers,

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dmc wrote:
Helped sister move into new house yesterday and the loo upstairs has
water running down the back of the pan and the flush isn't working.

I was going to whip the top off the cistern and have a look but
couldn't get the lid off! Whats the trick here?

It's a 4 year old house, modern loo with the dual flush button to
allow you to choose pathetic or really pathetic flush.

The plastic surround around the buttons does turn a bit but doesn't
unscrew completely (at least, if felt like something was going to
snap...)

Generally speaking, on the ones I have seen - push down one of the buttons
and you should be able to prise the upper button out, then the lower one.
There is a screw underneath.

So, a) how do I get the top of and b) any suggestions what is broken
(is there still just somesort of dual syphon or is it going to be an
odd flap arrangement)

If it doesn't flush & the internal overflow is working, best change the
siphon & ball valve for new ones, not that expensive but takes a bit of
time.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
dmc wrote:

Generally speaking, on the ones I have seen - push down one of the buttons
and you should be able to prise the upper button out, then the lower one.
There is a screw underneath.

Ah, that sounds plausable... ta

So, a) how do I get the top of and b) any suggestions what is broken
(is there still just somesort of dual syphon or is it going to be an
odd flap arrangement)

If it doesn't flush & the internal overflow is working, best change the
siphon & ball valve for new ones, not that expensive but takes a bit of
time.

K. Will have a look.

thanks,

Darren

weak flush on modern toilet jogey UK diy 4 May 20th 07 02:19 PM
Installed a dual flush toilet cistern outlet valve to save water [email protected] UK diy 0 January 23rd 06 05:51 AM
Installed a dual flush toilet cistern outlet valve to save water [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 23rd 06 05:51 AM
Dual flush Cistern Eadwald UK diy 4 October 26th 05 12:56 PM
WC flush without cistern g8kmh UK diy 0 May 24th 05 02:21 PM