bigegg

Default Help describing workshop fitting.

I am currently in the process of selling a doo-dah on ebay.

No, this isn't an ad, but if you want to have a look :.)))

It's a sort of swivelling arm thing (same sort of mechanism as
a desktop lamp) which attaches to a dust/fume extraction
system so that it can be manouvred over where you're working.
The problem is, I don't know what it's called.

Does this sort of fitting have an industry name?

--
Big Egg
Visit my ebay shop for welding and tools and stuff:

"bigegg" wrote in message
I am currently in the process of selling a doo-dah on ebay.

No, this isn't an ad, but if you want to have a look :.)))

It's a sort of swivelling arm thing (same sort of mechanism as
a desktop lamp) which attaches to a dust/fume extraction
system so that it can be manouvred over where you're working.
The problem is, I don't know what it's called.

Does this sort of fitting have an industry name?

It sounds like an adjustable extraction arm.

Colin Bignell

Peter Ashby

In article ,
"bigegg" wrote:

I am currently in the process of selling a doo-dah on ebay.

No, this isn't an ad, but if you want to have a look :.)))

It's a sort of swivelling arm thing (same sort of mechanism as
a desktop lamp) which attaches to a dust/fume extraction
system so that it can be manouvred over where you're working.
The problem is, I don't know what it's called.

Does this sort of fitting have an industry name?

According to the latest Screwfix catalogue which landed on my desk this
morning it is an extractor stand.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.
John Flax

"bigegg" wrote in message
I am currently in the process of selling a doo-dah on ebay.

No, this isn't an ad, but if you want to have a look :.)))

It's a sort of swivelling arm thing (same sort of mechanism as
a desktop lamp) which attaches to a dust/fume extraction
system so that it can be manouvred over where you're working.
The problem is, I don't know what it's called.

Does this sort of fitting have an industry name?

--
Big Egg
Visit my ebay shop for welding and tools and stuff:
http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/honyaservices

I copied this from an article about the Anglepoise lamp:

Abstract: Two short and direct methods of exact analysis of the
spring-and-lever balancing mechanism are presented. It is shown that perfect
balance can be achieved by the use of a close-coiled spring whose free
length is effectively zero and whose stiffness is chosen appropriately. The
two-degree-of-freedom balancing mechanism, commonly seen in desk lamps but
useful in many other situations, is then analysed. The treatment is extended
to allow for the weight of the components of the mechanism itself.
The originator of these devices was George Carwardine, whose patents over
the period 1931-35 show the evolution of his ideas on this subject. A short
biographical note is included as an appendix.

http://leporello.ingentaselect.com/v.../cgi-bin/linke
r?ini=pep&reqidx=/catchword/pep/09544062/v214n3/s7/p501

'spring-and-lever balancing mechanism' might be all you need.

What gas fitting Alan Campbell UK diy 1 July 7th 03 12:00 AM
workshop machines revisited Chris Harris UK diy 8 July 6th 03 05:31 PM