Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric Underfloor Heating

I'm looking at installing electric underfloor heating in my new
bathroom and have a couple of questions about the floor:

1. The existing floor is tongue and groove timber over joists and it's
nice and solid (no flexing that I can notice) and it seems level...
Would there be any problems using a board such as Fastwarm screwed
directly to the existing floor, followed by the electric cables, then
a levelling compound and finally the tiles?

2. Obviously the normal recommendation is 18mm of marine ply but I am
worried that I don't have clearance for this along with everything
else (I have 40mm from the current floor to the bottom of my new glass
door!). Is it worth going 50/50 with say 5mm ply and 5mm Fastwarm or
similar?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Electric underfloor heating on top of kingspan [email protected] UK diy 0 November 7th 07 10:39 AM
electric underfloor heating Ben Blaukopf UK diy 2 May 4th 07 07:45 PM
Electric Underfloor Heating mjb UK diy 3 February 19th 06 04:55 PM
electric underfloor heating... in2minds UK diy 5 November 1st 04 12:42 PM
Electric underfloor heating Christian McArdle UK diy 9 August 12th 03 01:53 PM