Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unexplained electricity cuts to our house only - HELP!

Frank Erskine wrote:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:04:15 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Who listens to medium wave these days?

More than you might think.

Some BBC local radio statios split their output, for example during
sports coverage, into MW/DAB and VHF. Those without DAB may have to
resort to MW for certain programming.
Also university radio stations frequently use AM.

Indeed. Radio 5 live cricket..motor rainmg..if you car hasn;t got DAB
its the last resort.

Also BBC world service when driving abroad.

Regards -

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"w_tom" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Nov 10, 9:31 am, "Peter Boulton"
wrote:
... where the fault was found and repaired (touch wood)!
Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to reply to this post, except the
person who told me off for top-posting. ...

Actually, your latest post now violated RFC1855. And was harder to
read. Back to the technicals. Peter - curious resolution to your
problem. Such faults are usually obvious due to audible noise and due
to light (sparks) at night. Why was this not heard or seen
previously? This should have also created medium wave interference.
(Electric companies around here have long used directonal radio
receivers to find such faults.) Did radio interference exist?

There were no visible sparks from the pole, although it is some way from our
house, on the other side of the road. We listen to MW a lot - 5 Live for
Mrs B (violating RFCxxxx) and Talk Sport for me (explains a lot - violates
every RFC in the book and explains why I am an ignorant top poster, reborn
bottom poster, but like my lagers) but didn't get any interference.
Although possibly the distance of the pole to the house may have explained
this.

I definitely won't rise to any more netiquette posts. If anyone feels my
posts are illiterate or impossible to follow please just ignore them... it's
that easy. To everyone else, thank you for all your time in trying to help
me sort this thing out.

Pete

45 deg cuts. PVR Woodworking 3 June 10th 07 09:07 PM
Who cuts your wood? Richard UK diy 19 May 12th 05 10:13 AM
Third party electricity meter to verify electricity bills New Question Home Repair 6 November 24th 04 08:27 AM
Illegally renting main house and living in another house built on back of the house on same plot... Kaushik Home Ownership 13 October 23rd 04 12:32 PM