Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.broadband

Default Advice Please Re- Extension Sockets

Hi Everyone,

This is a cross post because I wasn't sure which one to put it in and some
people may not use all the NewsGroups that I have posted it to, so beg your
forgiveness.

The main BT socket is in the bedroom and from this I have daisy chained all
the rest of the sockets in the house using the faceplate connection on the
front of the BT socket.

From some of the sockets I have filters plugged in for the phones, 4 in
total. I also have a filter plugged in for the PC to use the Broadband.

I noticed that the connection speed was getting slower and slower so I used
the Voyager 105 modem given to me by my ISP in order to findout the exact
speed. It was 320 kbps.

I disconnected all the phones in the house, tried the speed again and it was
the same. Plugged modem into main socket and speed increased to something
like 580 kbps. I thern took faceplate off and plugged modem directly into
socket, now 1.8Mbps. I plugged extensions into filter and all phones work ok
without individual filters.

Now my question is this. Do I have a fault on my original installation of
the sockets in the house, or, should I have just used 1 filter in the main
box as I have at present ?

Your comments are most welcome.
--
the_constructor

Don't tip it, recycle it. Join your local group.

http://freecycle.org/display.php?reg...ited%20Kingdom