Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Putting floor in loft - to building regs - costs

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Nov 8, 10:29 pm, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in
oglegroups.com...

On Nov 7, 9:12 pm, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in
ooglegroups.com...

On Nov 7, 3:43 pm, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Nov 6, 4:08 pm, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

On Nov 6, 2:10 pm, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

On Nov 5, 3:39 pm, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com...

On Nov 5, 9:54 am, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:
"405 TD Estate" wrote in
ooglegroups.com...

I was thinking about s l o w l y converting my loft -
trying
keep
costs to a minimum - first stage would be to get a
proper
floor
in
there - i assume the only way is move some tiles and
get
crane
hoist some beams in from the front? i also assume you
pay
hansomely
have these delivered (and the costs of the beams) any
ideas
on
costs
and is there any other way to do it?

Firstly you do not have to crane in steel beams at all.
Secondly,
get
some
books on loft conversions and read them before doing
anything.
Fully
understand what has to be done, and that includes
getting
mains
pressure
water system too.

What utter ********. Doing a loft in a way that
satisfies
building
regs does not require a mains pressure water system.
You've
really
lost it this time.

Or he can fit tanks in the eves and have pumps - duh!!

What doe he need a pump for, FFS?

You really don't know, do you?-

So tell me, if you think you know any better!

It is obvious I know a lot better.- Hide quoted text -

Unless you can come up with the
goods, its obvious that you're a total
fraud.

I'll challenge you once more, tell me what he needs a pump for,
given
that he mentions no requirement for plumbing in the converted
loft.

You really don't know, do you?-

More than you ever will.

I fully agree.

Thought so.

You are a plantpot.

Where I come from, that's a compliment.

Then you are a plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote in message

roups.com...

On Nov 6, 2:10 pm, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 05:07:59 -0800 wrote :
I dont know if beefing up whats already there might be an
option,
using shorter pieces jointed after theyre in the loft. No
crane
then.

One option with steel beams

TGI "I" beams will do (Masonite). No need for over engineering a
loft
conversion.

LOL! So what's changing all the plumbing unneccessarily, if
not over-engineering?

You are a plantpot!

Yet again,

You are still a plantpot.

Please

You are still a plantpot.

You

You are still a plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

roups.com...

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 05:07:59 -0800 wrote :
I dont know if beefing up whats already there might be an
option,
using shorter pieces jointed after theyre in the loft. No
crane
then.

One option with steel beams

TGI "I" beams will do (Masonite). No need for over engineering a
loft
conversion.

LOL! So what's changing all the plumbing unneccessarily, if
not over-engineering?

You are a plantpot!

Yet again,

You are still a plantpot.

Please

You are still a plantpot.

You

You are still a plantpot.

How long has it been? And you're *still* a tosspot.

MBQ