Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Invisible shelf fixings

We want to fit some sort of wooden mantelpiece (probably some sort of fairly
think reclaimed oak plank) on the rather plain wall above the fireplace
recess in our sitting room that has a large woodburner in it. I am
intending supporting it with two brackets fashioned from the same piece of
wood. I'm trying to think how I could attach it all to the wall fairly
invisibly, but have no knowledge of the kinds of fittings or techniques
available. Any suggestions?

TIA

Keith

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Keith Dunbar wrote:

We want to fit some sort of wooden mantelpiece (probably some sort of fairly
think reclaimed oak plank) on the rather plain wall above the fireplace
recess in our sitting room that has a large woodburner in it. I am
intending supporting it with two brackets fashioned from the same piece of
wood. I'm trying to think how I could attach it all to the wall fairly
invisibly, but have no knowledge of the kinds of fittings or techniques
available. Any suggestions?

TIA

Keith

Googling for torsion box shelf should throw up some ideas for yopu to
consider.

Bob

help converting a (adjustable) shelf into a pull out shelf harsh Woodworking 2 June 13th 06 09:59 PM
Invisible Glue Tom Storey Woodturning 5 November 19th 05 01:20 PM
Invisible Lines Ron Hubbard Electronics Repair 4 August 3rd 05 05:40 AM
Invisible Shelf Hangers Mike Pio Woodworking 8 July 1st 05 02:16 AM
Invisible Joint? Mr Fixit eh Woodworking 3 March 1st 05 04:11 PM