Ron Hubbard

Default Invisible Lines

Lately my VCR has developed an interesting problem: when
I am watching a UHF station I get a clear picture but if I
tape it, the picture has a bunch of lines and video noise on
playback. Anybody know where this noise comes from and
what's wrong with the VCR?

Ron

Sam Goldwasser

"Ron Hubbard" writes:

Lately my VCR has developed an interesting problem: when
I am watching a UHF station I get a clear picture but if I
tape it, the picture has a bunch of lines and video noise on
playback. Anybody know where this noise comes from and
what's wrong with the VCR?

If you mean playback on the same VCR, could be worn video heads.
Going through the same set of video heads twice results in more
degradation. You might find that the tape plays well on another
VCR.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Jim Adney

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 03:32:53 -0700 "Ron Hubbard"
wrote:

Lately my VCR has developed an interesting problem: when
I am watching a UHF station I get a clear picture but if I
tape it, the picture has a bunch of lines and video noise on
playback. Anybody know where this noise comes from and
what's wrong with the VCR?

There are lots of possiblities, but have you tried a new tape?
Wrinkles, or wear, on an old tape can cause this.

If a new tape doesn't help, then you should consider cleaning the
heads.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Rick Rock

"Ron Hubbard" wrote in
:

Lately my VCR has developed an interesting problem: when
I am watching a UHF station I get a clear picture but if I
tape it, the picture has a bunch of lines and video noise on
playback. Anybody know where this noise comes from and
what's wrong with the VCR?

Ron

Your VCR has clearly been taken over by alien parasites. Fortunately, they
can be exterminated by exposing them to high-intensity untrasound. 18KHz
at about 140dB SPL for about an hour should do the trick. But, be careful
not to expose yourself to the high-intensity ultrasound or severe mental
retardation will result.
DBLEXPOSURE

"Ron Hubbard" wrote in message
Lately my VCR has developed an interesting problem: when
I am watching a UHF station I get a clear picture but if I
tape it, the picture has a bunch of lines and video noise on
playback. Anybody know where this noise comes from and
what's wrong with the VCR?

Ron

LOL

If the lines are invisable, who cares... Sorry, I couldn't resist..

This only happens when recording a particulat UHF Station? The others
record clean? Is that what you are are saying?

If that is the case it could be that the tuner in your VCR when tuned to
this particulat UHF station is interfearing the the RF signal that the VCR
is recording to tape. As another said, try a good cleaning of the video
head, (Not a Cleaning Tape) Take it to a tech and have them get in side
with some swabs and head cleaning fluid. They will be happy to do it as I
am sure they don't get that request too often anymore. The head could be
simply worn out and not laying down enough RF on the tape anymore. In that
case, buy new.

If it happens on all recordings then it could be a number of thing like
something scratching the tape as it is pulled through the tape path. bad
tape etc etc etc..

The good news is you can pick up a new VCR at walley world for under $50.00

Pat Ziegler
Wholesale Electronics Inc.
www.weisd.com