Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Glow-Worm Micron 60FF fault

Our boiler has packed up this morning, and as we've only been in the
house 6 months I've got nothing to give me a chance of diagnosing the
problem. It didn't help that I had to come to work, so I've not had time
to investigate further but I can't find a copy of the manual online.

The two green LED's on the panel are flashing, and the boiler is humming
like the fan is trying to start, but other than that nothing is
happening. I've tried powering off/on, but the fault stays.

Does anyone have a manual for this boiler they could let me have a copy
of by any chance, or some advice on this problem?

Any help would be most appreciated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Danny Monaghan wrote:

Does anyone have a manual for this boiler they could let me have a copy
of by any chance, or some advice on this problem?

See your email.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Danny Monaghan wrote:

Does anyone have a manual for this boiler they could let me have a
copy of by any chance, or some advice on this problem?

See your email.

Thanks John.

I now know that the flashing LED's mean it has a 'Software Sequence Error'.

Now does that mean I've got a buggered PCB, or is it likely to be
something else?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Danny Monaghan wrote in
:

I now know that the flashing LED's mean it has a 'Software Sequence
Error'.

Now does that mean I've got a buggered PCB, or is it likely to be
something else?

Ignore that - the fault is a 'Lighting Squence - Fan/APS' fault. I got my
flashing LED's wrong

What on earth does that error mean?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Danny Monaghan wrote:
Danny Monaghan wrote in
:

I now know that the flashing LED's mean it has a 'Software Sequence
Error'.

Now does that mean I've got a buggered PCB, or is it likely to be
something else?

Ignore that - the fault is a 'Lighting Squence - Fan/APS' fault. I got my
flashing LED's wrong

What on earth does that error mean?

Sounds like the fan is not spinning up, or the air pressure switch is
not detecting it (obviously the control board can't tell the difference
between a knackered fan and the sensor).

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:04:54 +0100, Danny Monaghan wrote:

Our boiler has packed up this morning, and as we've only been in the
house 6 months I've got nothing to give me a chance of diagnosing the
problem. It didn't help that I had to come to work, so I've not had time
to investigate further but I can't find a copy of the manual online.

The two green LED's on the panel are flashing, and the boiler is humming
like the fan is trying to start, but other than that nothing is
happening. I've tried powering off/on, but the fault stays.

Does anyone have a manual for this boiler they could let me have a copy
of by any chance, or some advice on this problem?

Any help would be most appreciated.

These are not particulalry difficult boilers to fault find being about the
same level as a Pott. Profile.

....the boiler is humming like the fan is trying to start ...
Have you measured the supply to the fan?
Have you traced through the wiring diagram?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Danny Monaghan
writes
Our boiler has packed up this morning, and as we've only been in the
house 6 months I've got nothing to give me a chance of diagnosing the
problem. It didn't help that I had to come to work, so I've not had
time to investigate further but I can't find a copy of the manual online.

The two green LED's on the panel are flashing, and the boiler is
humming like the fan is trying to start, but other than that nothing is
happening. I've tried powering off/on, but the fault stays.

Sounds like your fan is ...

how should I say it ?

... shagged

prolly the bearing collapsed and the shaft rattling against the
laminations

Is the noise actually coming from the fan ?

it's the second one I've come across today

you might need my website

www.cetltd.com

Does anyone have a manual for this boiler they could let me have a copy
of by any chance, or some advice on this problem?

Any help would be most appreciated.

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Danny Monaghan
writes
Danny Monaghan wrote in
:

I now know that the flashing LED's mean it has a 'Software Sequence
Error'.

Now does that mean I've got a buggered PCB, or is it likely to be
something else?

Ignore that - the fault is a 'Lighting Squence - Fan/APS' fault. I got my
flashing LED's wrong

What on earth does that error mean?

err ...

The fan is making a noise, the fault is coming up as a fan / APS fault

prolly a gas valve fault then (smiley would follow if I did them)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John Rumm
writes
Danny Monaghan wrote:
Danny Monaghan wrote in
:
I now know that the flashing LED's mean it has a 'Software Sequence
Error'.
Now does that mean I've got a buggered PCB, or is it likely to be
something else?

Ignore that - the fault is a 'Lighting Squence - Fan/APS' fault. I
got my flashing LED's wrong
What on earth does that error mean?

Sounds like the fan is not spinning up, or the air pressure switch is
not detecting it (obviously the control board can't tell the difference
between a knackered fan and the sensor).

Well, no - how can it ?

It powers the fan and waits a finite time for the APS to register that
the fan is working, if it doesn't then it flags up an error state

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

Sounds like the fan is not spinning up, or the air pressure switch is
not detecting it (obviously the control board can't tell the
difference between a knackered fan and the sensor).

Well, no - how can it ?

It can't.... which is what I said.

It powers the fan and waits a finite time for the APS to register that
the fan is working, if it doesn't then it flags up an error state

Indeed. We seem to agree ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

Ignore that - the fault is a 'Lighting Squence - Fan/APS' fault. I got
my flashing LED's wrong

What on earth does that error mean?

Sounds like the fan is not spinning up, or the air pressure switch is
not detecting it (obviously the control board can't tell the difference
between a knackered fan and the sensor).

Ah Yes - obvious really, if only my brain had thought a bit, I'd have
worked out what APS meant!

Homer moment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

Sounds like your fan is ...

how should I say it ?

... shagged

I tend to agree.

prolly the bearing collapsed and the shaft rattling against the laminations

More an electrical hum from a fan refusing to spin really.

I've had a quick look and the fan isn't spinning - based on the fact the
vanes on the top of the fan are stationary, but I've not metered the
feed to the fan because my test meter picked exactly that moment to die
on me.

Someone is trying to tell me something here I think.

it's the second one I've come across today

you might need my website

You don't appear to have a Micron fan listed on your website.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Danny Monaghan
writes
geoff wrote:

Sounds like your fan is ...
how should I say it ?
... shagged

I tend to agree.

prolly the bearing collapsed and the shaft rattling against the laminations

More an electrical hum from a fan refusing to spin really.

.... because its rattling against the laminations

I've had a quick look and the fan isn't spinning - based on the fact
the vanes on the top of the fan are stationary, but I've not metered
the feed to the fan because my test meter picked exactly that moment to
die on me.

Someone is trying to tell me something here I think.

it's the second one I've come across today
you might need my website

You don't appear to have a Micron fan listed on your website.

got some on the shelf though

--
geoff

Very important-Vaillant eco-tec Glow-worm micron and Worcester [email protected] UK diy 2 May 26th 07 08:54 AM
Glow-worm 30 cxi. [email protected] UK diy 1 May 21st 07 09:42 PM
refilling Glow-worm Micron 60FF jaylo UK diy 2 November 8th 06 09:15 PM
Glow worm 30cxi fault John UK diy 5 March 21st 06 05:10 PM
Glow-Worm Combi Boiler Fault Paul S UK diy 2 December 11th 05 04:12 AM