Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul S

Default Glow-Worm Combi Boiler Fault

Sorry for the long post!
I woke this morning to find no hot water and no central heating from my
Glow-Worm 23c Combi Boiler.
The red fault light was flashing.
I tried a few times, resetting the boiler to get heating and hot water but
the boiler did not fire up at all, it didn't even spark.
As soon as I got back home later in the day (4 hours later), I tried again,
and to my amazement (as I hadn't touched anything else) turning on a hot
tap, fired up the boiler and hot water came out of the tap. However, as soon
as the tap was switched off again, the boiler red fault light came back on
and the boiler locked up.
After resetting the boiler again, I tried the central heating. As soon as
the central heating switch was turned on, the red fault light came on and
the boiler locked up.
So to sum up, I can get hot water but when the tap is turned off again, the
boiler locks up and I have to reset it before I can get hot water again. And
I have no central heating.
I have read through the manual, and although it doesn't refer to my exact
fault, a similar fault seems to point to the PCB. I have tried reseating all
the plugs onto the board but the fault still remains.
Before I go and spend £150 on a new PCB, does anyone have any similar
experiences with this boiler, or a similar fault, or can offer anymore
advice on what I should do?

Thanks
Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

"Paul S" wrote in message
[...]

What age is the G-W boiler? What do you mean by "locked up"?
Have you cleaned the burners and ignition electrode areas free from deposits
of fine powder?
Have you refilled using loop off the mains, up to correct pressure,
recently?
Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Paul S wrote:
[...]

What does the manual indicate for the red/flashing light? Please!
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Glow worm 30cxi fault John UK diy 5 March 21st 06 06:10 PM
Non-modulating condensing boilers? Egremont UK diy 34 July 22nd 05 08:02 PM
combi boiler - efficiency and cost ARWadsworth UK diy 23 January 4th 05 03:12 PM
Clunking in combi boiler when tap is closed: due to back pressure? dave L UK diy 0 May 9th 04 11:50 AM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 09:29 PM