Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default T&G Floor Boards over a Concrete Floor.

My Living room is 5.5meters by 4meters 22sqmeters. How do I work out
hom many linear meters of board do i need.

Also what sought of insulation would you put under the boards.

thanks

Garry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Garry" wrote in message
ps.com...
My Living room is 5.5meters by 4meters 22sqmeters. How do I work out
hom many linear meters of board do i need.

Also what sought of insulation would you put under the boards.

thanks

Garry

22m divided by width of board in meters. Plus an allowance for wastage.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Garry" wrote in message
ps.com...
My Living room is 5.5meters by 4meters 22sqmeters. How do I work out
hom many linear meters of board do i need.

Hmm, lessee ...

If the boards are 4 metres wide you'll need 5.5 metres
If the boards are 2 metres wide you'll need 11.+ metres
If the boards are 1 metres wide you'll need 22+ metres
If the boards are 50 centimetres wide you'll need 44+ metres

Can you see a trend?

If you'd given a wee bit of information concerning the width of the boards
you intend to use together with the shape of the room (is it dead square or
a rhomboid?); one might be able to hazard a guess.

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Oct, 21:11, "Brian Sharrock" wrote:
"Garry" wrote in message

ps.com...

My Living room is 5.5meters by 4meters 22sqmeters. How do I work out
hom many linear meters of board do i need.

Hmm, lessee ...

If the boards are 4 metres wide you'll need 5.5 metres
If the boards are 2 metres wide you'll need 11.+ metres
If the boards are 1 metres wide you'll need 22+ metres
If the boards are 50 centimetres wide you'll need 44+ metres

Can you see a trend?

If you'd given a wee bit of information concerning the width of the boards
you intend to use together with the shape of the room (is it dead square or
a rhomboid?); one might be able to hazard a guess.

Also what sought of insulation would you put under the boards.

thanks

Garry

--

Brian

Thanks Brian they are 112mm wide. And its a rectangle.

gaz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:45:36 -0000, Garry
wrote:

My Living room is 5.5meters by 4meters 22sqmeters. How do I work out
hom many linear meters of board do i need.

Also what sought of insulation would you put under the boards.

What about that stuff you use for under laminate flooring?