BAH

Default TV Drugs raid - how not to open a door

Anyone see the police smashing their way (well, trying to) into a suspect
drug dealer's house? On TV tonight. As far as I could see, the door opened
OUT, and their efforts to get in with their ram (or is it called a 'tup')
were wasted. A lever/crowbar would have been more effective. In the event,
it appears that they ruined the lock and the householder had to open the
garage door to let them in.

Made for TV?

ARWadsworth

"BAH" wrote in message
Anyone see the police smashing their way (well, trying to) into a suspect
drug dealer's house? On TV tonight. As far as I could see, the door

opened
OUT, and their efforts to get in with their ram (or is it called a 'tup')
were wasted. A lever/crowbar would have been more effective. In the

event,
it appears that they ruined the lock and the householder had to open the
garage door to let them in.

Made for TV?

I will bear this in mind next time I fit a door.

Adam

Dave Liquorice

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:21:18 GMT, BAH wrote:

Anyone see the police smashing their way (well, trying to) into a
suspect drug dealer's house? On TV tonight. As far as I could see,
the door opened OUT, ...

snip
Made for TV?

I doubt it. If you had a line of business that may attract the
attention of the heavy mob I think you'd take some precautions in
slowing them down.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

geoff

In message , BAH
writes
Anyone see the police smashing their way (well, trying to) into a suspect
drug dealer's house? On TV tonight. As far as I could see, the door opened
OUT, and their efforts to get in with their ram (or is it called a 'tup')
were wasted. A lever/crowbar would have been more effective. In the event,
it appears that they ruined the lock and the householder had to open the
garage door to let them in.

Made for TV?

Much more exciting in real life

I sat on a wall by the "Police do not cross" line camera in one hand,
beer in the other watching it happen - who said that Watford is boring?
--
geoff
Dave Plowman

In article ,
BAH wrote:
Anyone see the police smashing their way (well, trying to) into a
suspect drug dealer's house? On TV tonight. As far as I could see, the
door opened OUT, and their efforts to get in with their ram (or is it
called a 'tup') were wasted. A lever/crowbar would have been more
effective. In the event, it appears that they ruined the lock and the
householder had to open the garage door to let them in.

Made for TV?

They should have asked 'The Bill'. Never any trouble smashing a door in
there...

--
*The average person falls asleep in seven minutes *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Michael McNeil

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message ...
"BAH" wrote in message
Anyone see the police smashing their way (well, trying to) into a suspect
drug dealer's house? On TV tonight. As far as I could see, the door

opened
OUT, and their efforts to get in with their ram (or is it called a 'tup')
were wasted. A lever/crowbar would have been more effective. In the

event,
it appears that they ruined the lock and the householder had to open the
garage door to let them in.

Made for TV?

I will bear this in mind next time I fit a door.

Adam

You can always tell when they are guilty: They are the ones on council
estates with burglar alarms and no jobs. Big timers have roller
shutters on their doors. And total winkers wear body armour.

Saddoes.
Doctor D.

They should have asked 'The Bill'. Never any trouble smashing a door in
there...

IIRC old Frank Burnside was a champion door smasher.