Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom ceiling lights

I want to cover my uneven (extended - 2 different surfaces) bathroom
ceiling with U-PVC cladding.

I would like to install LV recessed down-lights, with a fan light in
the shower enclosure, but have concerns about the effect of heat on the
plastic. Would the sides of these light fittings get hot enough to
soften the cladding? There is loft space above the ceiling.

Advice appreciated.

T.I.A

--
"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ziggur wrote:

I want to cover my uneven (extended - 2 different surfaces) bathroom
ceiling with U-PVC cladding.

I would like to install LV recessed down-lights, with a fan light in
the shower enclosure, but have concerns about the effect of heat on
the plastic. Would the sides of these light fittings get hot enough
to soften the cladding? There is loft space above the ceiling.

Advice appreciated.

T.I.A

Or should I just stick up a surface mounted light fitting and open the
window for ventilation?

--
"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC DJC is offline

Ziggur wrote:
Ziggur wrote:

I want to cover my uneven (extended - 2 different surfaces) bathroom
ceiling with U-PVC cladding.

I would like to install LV recessed down-lights, with a fan light in
the shower enclosure, but have concerns about the effect of heat on
the plastic. Would the sides of these light fittings get hot enough
to soften the cladding? There is loft space above the ceiling.

I have LV Halogen (35W) lamps in a U-PVC ceiling, not a problem.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djclark/1403408257/

--
djc
Posted to uk.d-i-y

djc wrote:

I have LV Halogen (35W) lamps in a U-PVC ceiling, not a problem.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djclark/1403408257/

Thanks for the reply - reassuring.

Beautiful room. Nice work

--
"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"

Ceiling lights in 2009? ian UK diy 16 August 3rd 07 12:07 AM
Control Ceiling Lights komobu Home Repair 20 December 24th 06 04:28 AM
Help! Ceiling lights blown [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 24th 06 03:14 AM
Help! Ceiling lights blown [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 24th 06 02:07 AM
Help! Ceiling lights blown [email protected] Home Repair 0 February 23rd 06 02:40 PM