Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Basin waste top diameter

Hi

I am just about to start a "simple" job of replacing the taps and waste on a
cloakroom sink prior to redecorating. I have just noticed that the diameter
of the chrome top of the basin waste I have bought is 6cm (2.5/16") whereas
the old one is 6.3cm (2.7/16")

I am concerned that the new one will be too small and not fill the hole in
the basin. The sink was fitted approx. 27 years ago. Has the standard
changed since then or are there different diameters available?

The one I have purchased is a MACDEE 1.1/4" BSP x 3.1/2" tail

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John E" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi

I am just about to start a "simple" job of replacing the taps and waste on

cloakroom sink prior to redecorating. I have just noticed that the

diameter
of the chrome top of the basin waste I have bought is 6cm (2.5/16")

whereas
the old one is 6.3cm (2.7/16")

I am concerned that the new one will be too small and not fill the hole in
the basin. The sink was fitted approx. 27 years ago. Has the standard
changed since then or are there different diameters available?

The one I have purchased is a MACDEE 1.1/4" BSP x 3.1/2" tail

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

John

Extremely unlikely that the difference in size of the rim will cause any
problem at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Heliotrope Smith" wrote in message

"John E" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the reply, I will try it and see.

Basin waste - what sealer do I use? diy-newby UK diy 8 October 16th 07 08:54 PM
Flipover basin waste Jeff Layman UK diy 3 August 13th 07 10:59 PM
Basin waste plug Tim Lamb UK diy 9 March 24th 07 09:51 AM
Adding a basin to a toilet with no route for basin waste pipe Richard Hamer UK diy 24 July 22nd 04 12:12 AM
Bath and Basin waste. Troy UK diy 6 July 25th 03 07:41 PM