Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default aerial plug soldering tutorial ?

A while ago I found a wonderful, straightforward
tutorial on soldering plug onto co-ax cable.

It was well illustrated, and simple.

It was by "an induividual" (i.e. not a corporate
or large site).

On this (pitiful) basis, can anyone point
me at it?

My googling skills are failing me.

BugBear
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bugbear" wrote in message
A while ago I found a wonderful, straightforward
tutorial on soldering plug onto co-ax cable.

It was well illustrated, and simple.

It was by "an induividual" (i.e. not a corporate
or large site).

On this (pitiful) basis, can anyone point
me at it?

My googling skills are failing me.

Can't help with the actual query but Google Desktop is great for finding
stuff you have looked at / have on your PC.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

bugbear wrote:
A while ago I found a wonderful, straightforward
tutorial on soldering plug onto co-ax cable.

It was well illustrated, and simple.

http://www.megalithia.com/elect/bellinglee/

Site seems to be down at the moment, but Google has a cache of it.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:39:40 -0700, "cerberus"
wrote:

"bugbear" wrote in message
A while ago I found a wonderful, straightforward
tutorial on soldering plug onto co-ax cable.

It was well illustrated, and simple.

It was by "an induividual" (i.e. not a corporate
or large site).

On this (pitiful) basis, can anyone point
me at it?

My googling skills are failing me.

BugBear

http://www.seed-solutions.com/gregor...SolderCoax.htm

That's for soldering a much bigger N Type. Using a blowtorch on a
Belling Lee would be interesting - but not for long.

The link you wanted is www.megalithia.com/elect/bellinglee/ but it
isn't working at the moment. The Google cache of the page still
supplies the text - but not the pictures.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
bugbear wrote:
A while ago I found a wonderful, straightforward
tutorial on soldering plug onto co-ax cable.

It was well illustrated, and simple.

It was by "an induividual" (i.e. not a corporate
or large site).

On this (pitiful) basis, can anyone point
me at it?

My googling skills are failing me.

If you mean the standard UHF TV aerial plug they're known as Belling Lee.
Try Googling on that.

--
*I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
bugbear wrote:
A while ago I found a wonderful, straightforward
tutorial on soldering plug onto co-ax cable.

It was well illustrated, and simple.

http://www.megalithia.com/elect/bellinglee/

Site seems to be down at the moment, but Google has a cache of it.

That's the one, and it's now (15:02, 28/9/2007) working.

Thanks to all.

BugBear
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
bugbear wrote:
Adrian C wrote:
bugbear wrote:
A while ago I found a wonderful, straightforward
tutorial on soldering plug onto co-ax cable.

It was well illustrated, and simple.

http://www.megalithia.com/elect/bellinglee/

Site seems to be down at the moment, but Google has a cache of it.

That's the one, and it's now (15:02, 28/9/2007) working.

Thanks to all.

Some say there's no need to solder the inner - after all the screen isn't.
Simply form it into a 'Z' so it makes firm connection to the sides. Others
crimp it.

--
*They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.