Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hot Tub Supply

Do I need a 20amp fused spur supply for a Hot Tub installation ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ray wrote:

Do I need a 20amp fused spur supply for a Hot Tub installation ?

Whats the rating plate on the hot tub heater say? I suspect the
answer will be no though, as a 20A load on a spur on a ring isnt
really a good idea..

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have not bought the hot tub yet just getting the electrics sorted.

Supply is coming direct from the CU, it is 4mm armoured cable going to an
outside log cabin.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Ray wrote:

Do I need a 20amp fused spur supply for a Hot Tub installation ?

Whats the rating plate on the hot tub heater say? I suspect the
answer will be no though, as a 20A load on a spur on a ring isnt
really a good idea..

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 26, 3:15 pm, "Ray" wrote:
Have not bought the hot tub yet just getting the electrics sorted.

So, do you think we're all clairvoyants? Why not ask the hot tub
supplier what kind of supply it needs?

I can see from my crystal ball that you'll probably top post again.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:15:36 +0100, Ray wrote:

Have not bought the hot tub yet just getting the electrics sorted.

Supply is coming direct from the CU, it is 4mm armoured cable going to an
outside log cabin.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Ray wrote:

Do I need a 20amp fused spur supply for a Hot Tub installation ?

Whats the rating plate on the hot tub heater say? I suspect the
answer will be no though, as a 20A load on a spur on a ring isnt
really a good idea..

Might be limited on Voltage drop. Max length is 4% of 230V = 9.2V
4mm² is 11mV/A/m which makes 9.2V/0.22V = 41m. So probably OK.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Sep, 15:15, "Ray" wrote:
Have not bought the hot tub yet just getting the electrics sorted.

Supply is coming direct from the CU, it is 4mm armoured cable going to an
outside log cabin.

What earthing system are you using for that Log Cabin?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:13:16 +0100, Ray wrote:

Do I need a 20amp fused spur supply for a Hot Tub installation ?

Have you thought to ask the supplier/manufacturer?

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:15:36 +0100, Ray wrote:

Have not bought the hot tub yet just getting the electrics sorted.

Supply is coming direct from the CU, it is 4mm armoured cable going to an
outside log cabin.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ray wrote:

Do I need a 20amp fused spur supply for a Hot Tub installation ?

Whats the rating plate on the hot tub heater say? I suspect the
answer will be no though, as a 20A load on a spur on a ring isnt
really a good idea..

Might be limited on Voltage drop. Max length is 4% of 230V = 9.2V
4mm² is 11mV/A/m which makes 9.2V/0.22V = 41m. So probably OK.

The FAQ for uk.diy is athttp://www.diyfaq.org.uk
Sealed CH FAQhttp://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html
Choosing a Boiler FAQhttp://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/BoilerChoice.html- Hide quoted text -

My crystal ball was correct.

MBQ

LPG Supply for Hob Sean Inglis UK diy 8 June 2nd 07 10:07 AM
ATX power supply to bench supply conversion Kingcosmos Electronics Repair 5 April 4th 07 04:24 PM
Looking for 5P+ rod supply bill Metalworking 1 June 8th 05 07:50 AM
Dishwasher Water Supply & Electric Oven Electric Supply Richard Faulkner UK diy 4 December 2nd 03 11:44 PM
Can you put a water supply pipe and a gas supply pipe in the same conduit? Suz UK diy 4 September 9th 03 03:06 AM