Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Potterton Suprima probs

Hi

I have a 7 year old Potterton Suprima 50 boiler that has stopped
firing up when either the thermostat calls or if you press the reset
button.

I suspect one or other of the Hi or Lo 'stats' is faulty, but if there
is anyone who has experienced this problem and can advise, I would be
very grateful ahead of calling out an engineer, mainly as it would
mean dismantling part of the kitchen unit its housed in...

Cheers

MG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , MG
writes
Hi

I have a 7 year old Potterton Suprima 50 boiler that has stopped
firing up when either the thermostat calls or if you press the reset
button.

I suspect one or other of the Hi or Lo 'stats' is faulty,

Well, have you actually measured anything ?

like - are you getting switched live to the pcb?

do you have anything else useful on which anyone can make a diagnosis ?

Why are you pressing the reset button when its firing up?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:46:23 +0000, MG wrote:

Hi

I have a 7 year old Potterton Suprima 50 boiler that has stopped
firing up when either the thermostat calls or if you press the reset
button.

I suspect one or other of the Hi or Lo 'stats' is faulty, but if there
is anyone who has experienced this problem and can advise, I would be
very grateful ahead of calling out an engineer, mainly as it would
mean dismantling part of the kitchen unit its housed in...

Cheers

MG

1) Do you have mains power to the boiler?
2) Fit replacement PCB from cetltd
3) diagnose any remaining faults.

This is the only boiler where you replace the PCB first and ask questions
later.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:52:00 +0000 (UTC), Ed Sirett
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:46:23 +0000, MG wrote:

Hi

I have a 7 year old Potterton Suprima 50 boiler that has stopped
firing up when either the thermostat calls or if you press the reset
button.

I suspect one or other of the Hi or Lo 'stats' is faulty, but if there
is anyone who has experienced this problem and can advise, I would be
very grateful ahead of calling out an engineer, mainly as it would
mean dismantling part of the kitchen unit its housed in...

Cheers

MG

1) Do you have mains power to the boiler?
2) Fit replacement PCB from cetltd
3) diagnose any remaining faults.

This is the only boiler where you replace the PCB first and ask questions
later.

Since I posted this I now realise all the problems around this model -
I hadn't had a clue all this palava was going on!

Someone said the PCB was over £200 +VAT???
Are Poterton bowing to pressure to replace under any sort of warranty
following the Watchdog report?

My problem is, it fires, but stays on for a short time and then won't
refire when temp drops. I have a Digistat RF1 (wireless) and even
adjusting the temp doesn't kick it. I also was getting pump overrun if
it was firing or hot water only (as is normal for summer months) and
using the reset to cancel it when the timer had finished. That still
functions, but getting it to stay on is the problem right now and its
getting chilly!...

Thanks for the reply. Where do I find CELTD ???

Mark
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Since I posted this I now realise all the problems around this model -
I hadn't had a clue all this palava was going on!

Someone said the PCB was over £200 +VAT???
Are Poterton bowing to pressure to replace under any sort of warranty
following the Watchdog report?

My problem is, it fires, but stays on for a short time and then won't
refire when temp drops. I have a Digistat RF1 (wireless) and even
adjusting the temp doesn't kick it. I also was getting pump overrun if
it was firing or hot water only (as is normal for summer months) and
using the reset to cancel it when the timer had finished. That still
functions, but getting it to stay on is the problem right now and its
getting chilly!...

Thanks for the reply. Where do I find CELTD ???

Http://www.cetltd.com/

Welcome to the Potterton owners club where poor souls that are accursed
for eternity by being a proud owner of these 'wondrous machines.....

Actually once you've sorted the PCB out there're not that bad just
occasional odd problems, lockouts, cycling and other odd things but it
is possible to live with one..

Hope exists if your in the club;!..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , MG
writes

I'm here - www.cetltd.com

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes
I'm here - www.cetltd.com

You're CET Ltd, Geoff?

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Si
$3o&m writes
In message , geoff
writes
I'm here - www.cetltd.com

You're CET Ltd, Geoff?

So to speak - yes

--
geoff

potterton suprima 50L Steve Drake UK diy 2 June 8th 05 09:58 AM
Potterton suprima Jim Thorogood UK diy 4 December 20th 04 11:53 PM
potterton suprima 40 Graham UK diy 2 March 6th 04 03:13 PM
Potterton Suprima 100 Richard Savage UK diy 7 December 4th 03 11:47 PM
Potterton Suprima froggers UK diy 2 September 22nd 03 11:07 PM