Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default On pump-over and breather height

When the back pressure in my central heating rises, as the thermostaic
valves shut, I get pump-over. The height of the header tank is only a
metre or so above the top of the highest radiators. Can I safely
increase the effective head by raising the highest point in the
breather pipe? Any other ideas welcome. TIA.

New Small Engine Carburetor Lacks Port for Crankcase Breather Hose frank1492 Home Repair 1 July 31st 07 03:34 AM
New Small Engine Carburetor Lacks Port for Crankcase Breather Hose frank1492 Home Repair 2 July 28th 07 05:06 AM
Height of Central Heating Pump TheScullster UK diy 0 July 24th 06 10:04 AM
Soil pipe breather richard UK diy 2 October 8th 05 12:04 PM
Breather Membrane by the Metre Kevin Brady UK diy 1 September 16th 05 11:18 AM