Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dust inhalation problem.

As a carpenter/handyman I am constantly being exposed to copious
amounts of dust. This has has not usually been a problem as I am very
conscious to use good quality BS standard dust masks.
However when getting the camping equipment out of the loft a month or
so ago I accidentally breathed in a load of glass fibre dust I had
disturbed, and since then seem to be suffering from a irritated chest
which I can't seem to shake off, probably due to the fact that I am
still inhaling small amounts of dust in my work, even though I am
trying to be careful.
Anyone else been in a similar position? And have you managed to get
better?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com,
Housemartin writes
As a carpenter/handyman I am constantly being exposed to copious
amounts of dust. This has has not usually been a problem as I am very
conscious to use good quality BS standard dust masks.
However when getting the camping equipment out of the loft a month or
so ago I accidentally breathed in a load of glass fibre dust I had
disturbed, and since then seem to be suffering from a irritated chest
which I can't seem to shake off, probably due to the fact that I am
still inhaling small amounts of dust in my work, even though I am
trying to be careful.
Anyone else been in a similar position? And have you managed to get
better?

You're going to die ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message . com,
Housemartin writes
As a carpenter/handyman I am constantly being exposed to copious
amounts of dust. This has has not usually been a problem as I am very
conscious to use good quality BS standard dust masks.
However when getting the camping equipment out of the loft a month or
so ago I accidentally breathed in a load of glass fibre dust I had
disturbed, and since then seem to be suffering from a irritated chest
which I can't seem to shake off, probably due to the fact that I am
still inhaling small amounts of dust in my work, even though I am
trying to be careful.
Anyone else been in a similar position? And have you managed to get
better?

You're going to die ...

--
geoff

Yep - no doubt about that. The question is when?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ex-tiscali wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

You're going to die ...

Yep - no doubt about that. The question is when?

http://www.deathclock.com/

I think that website is quite accura..... f4kjghw..3
/r/er (damm) fekfejfwfkjwijgw

++??
CARRIER LOST AT 24,000,000 bps

;-)
--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Sep, 14:20, Housemartin wrote:
As a carpenter/handyman I am constantly being exposed to copious
amounts of dust.

Anyone else been in a similar position? And have you managed to get
better?

Yeah.
It's probably asthma. You're developing an allergy to dust;
predictable and avoidable.
Go see your doctor, get yourself some inhalers if it is. You won't
get better until you do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yeah.
It's probably asthma. You're developing an allergy to dust;
predictable and avoidable.
Go see your doctor, get yourself some inhalers if it is. You won't
get better until you do.

I don't think I would expect glass fibre to trigger asthma. OTOH my loft has
plenty of ordinary house dust, which could do it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com,
Housemartin writes

when getting the camping equipment out of the loft a month or
so ago I accidentally breathed in a load of glass fibre dust I had
disturbed, and since then seem to be suffering from a irritated chest
which I can't seem to shake off, probably due to the fact that I am
still inhaling small amounts of dust in my work, even though I am
trying to be careful.
Anyone else been in a similar position? And have you managed to get
better?

I am asthmatic. I breathed in glass fibre and assorted dust while
clearing the old insulation in the loft before finally getting masks. My
chest felt the same as yours. I increased my steroid inhalers and
bronchodilators for a while and the irritation passed in a week or so.
If you're at all worried, go and see your GP.

Time to board the loft?

-
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 16, 2:20 pm, Housemartin wrote:

Anyone else been in a similar position? And have you managed to get
better?

I once inhaled a lot of glass fibre dust (in a loft) and got the
symptoms you desribe. it gradually cleared as I coulghed it out of
the following weeks. I looked into it a bit and found that the
recieved widom is that glass fibre is not cancer inducing (unlike
asbestos fibre).

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Housemartin wrote:
As a carpenter/handyman I am constantly being exposed to copious
amounts of dust. This has has not usually been a problem as I am very
conscious to use good quality BS standard dust masks.
However when getting the camping equipment out of the loft a month or
so ago I accidentally breathed in a load of glass fibre dust I had
disturbed, and since then seem to be suffering from a irritated chest
which I can't seem to shake off, probably due to the fact that I am
still inhaling small amounts of dust in my work, even though I am
trying to be careful.
Anyone else been in a similar position? And have you managed to get
better?

All the time. Had pleurisy twice.

Biggest problem is asmhatic response..shuts down airways and allows
nasty bacteria to breed.

You need to cough the crap up.

One of the most effective things is, oddly enough, a damned hot curry.