Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pressure washer price drop again

When they first sold it, was £89.99 then £79.99 now...

http://tinyurl.com/3cagab

I got one at the first price. :-( but its given me stirling service upto
now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-12 08:31:52 +0100, "George" said:

When they first sold it, was £89.99 then £79.99 now...

http://tinyurl.com/3cagab

I got one at the first price. :-( but its given me stirling service upto
now.

It's also the end of the season with suppliers dumping stock. Did
you hear about Homebase's lacklustre performance today?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-12 08:31:52 +0100, "George" said:

When they first sold it, was £89.99 then £79.99 now...

http://tinyurl.com/3cagab

I got one at the first price. :-( but its given me stirling service upto
now.

It's also the end of the season with suppliers dumping stock. Did
you hear about Homebase's lacklustre performance today?

Heh, but Aldi doesn't dump stock like the sheds do.

No...but I'm sure you're going to tell us.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-12 08:31:52 +0100, "George" said:

When they first sold it, was £89.99 then £79.99 now...

http://tinyurl.com/3cagab

I got one at the first price. :-( but its given me stirling service upto
now.

It's also the end of the season with suppliers dumping stock. Did
you hear about Homebase's lacklustre performance today?

Heh, but Aldi doesn't dump stock like the sheds do.

No...but I'm sure you're going to tell us.

Aldi doesn't dump *excess* stock in the sense that they appear not to
over order.

I suspect that their procurement is a lot sharper than that of
Homedisgrace as well.

I am sure that these cheap deals are whatever they can get by the
containerload from PRC that has not been offloaded on some other
retailer.

It's still dumping, but at the wholesale rather than the retail point.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
. uk...
When they first sold it, was £89.99 then £79.99 now...

http://tinyurl.com/3cagab

I got one at the first price. :-( but its given me stirling service upto
now.

Really? You live in Scotland then I presume?
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:07:17 +0100 Andy Hall wrote :
I am sure that these cheap deals are whatever they can get by the
containerload from PRC that has not been offloaded on some other
retailer.

I very much doubt that it's snapping up offloaded stock - Poundland
yes, Aldi/Lidl no. If you approach the manufacturer of almost
anything and offer to buy x containers for delivery at date y you
are going to be able to negotiate a price way below the norm. Which
is not surprising since the supplier can run the line non-stop for
as many days as it takes and has got minimal admin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jal jal is offline

In article ,
Tony Bryer wrote:

I very much doubt that it's snapping up offloaded stock - Poundland
yes, Aldi/Lidl no. If you approach the manufacturer of almost
anything ...

.... dnd these Aldi pressure washers look remarkably like Karcher washers
(another German company I believe?).

john