Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fast fit stop fittings for 15mm copper pipe?

We had a mains pipe leak last year, the Water Board couldnt find the
stop tap in the street, so had to cut through the pipe running along the
house to fit a new stop tap.
I watched them do it, and it was all done remarkably quickly with not a
great deal of spillage - pipe cutter on, slowly cut through, once it was
about through, with some water leaking, he went a lot quicker, broke the
cut, and rammed a plastic quick-fit stop tap on the pipe.

I've since been looking for one of these quick fit stop taps without
luck - 20mm plastic versions are plentiful, but one for a half inch or
15mm copper pipe have been elusive so far.

Anyone know where to get them from?
Thanks
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Aug, 10:09, (A.Lee) wrote:
We had a mains pipe leak last year, the Water Board couldnt find the
stop tap in the street, so had to cut through the pipe running along the
house to fit a new stop tap.
I watched them do it, and it was all done remarkably quickly with not a
great deal of spillage - pipe cutter on, slowly cut through, once it was
about through, with some water leaking, he went a lot quicker, broke the
cut, and rammed a plastic quick-fit stop tap on the pipe.

I've since been looking for one of these quick fit stop taps without
luck - 20mm plastic versions are plentiful, but one for a half inch or
15mm copper pipe have been elusive so far.

Anyone know where to get them from?
Thanks
Alan.

This is a close to what your after I could find on the internet,
although we keep spare push fits for emergencies, normally just end
caps - we buy ours from our local building and plumbers merchants,
they are more expensive than copper solder fittings but are worth it
just for the ease of use. Hope this helps

http://plumbingfixdirect.co.uk/catal...roducts_id=124

RosieDozy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

This is a close to what your after I could find on the internet,
although we keep spare push fits for emergencies, normally just end
caps - we buy ours from our local building and plumbers merchants,
they are more expensive than copper solder fittings but are worth it
just for the ease of use. Hope this helps

http://plumbingfixdirect.co.uk/catal...roducts_id=124

RosieDozy

What's inside - is it just a quarter turn ball valve? What's the bore size
when it's open?

[They claim to be suitable for CH systems - but I'm wondering what sort of
flow restriction they impose]
--
Cheers,
Roger