Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is my fire surround made of?

I have been stripping paint off of a fire surround in my bedroom that
I thought was hardwood. However having taken the paint back on part of
the surround I have found out that it is not wood but some sort of
stone or concrete. How would I go about finding out if it is
sandstone, limestone or concrete etc.? I have never worked with stone
before so not sure how to identify different types.

I am not sure what to do from here. I would like to strip the paint
back and reveal the stonework. Who would be the right tradesman to
contact for this? A stonemason?

Apologies if these questions seem very simplistic, but I suppose any
question seems simplistic if you know the answer!!!!

Thanks for your time

Damaged Fire Surround alecgreen UK diy 1 November 2nd 06 12:53 AM
Make your own fire surround? Another Dave UK diy 4 July 21st 06 07:25 PM
Fire surround value? [email protected] UK diy 7 April 11th 06 02:32 PM
Fire surround Rob UK diy 0 February 27th 06 02:41 PM
limestone fire surround Chris Styles UK diy 1 September 20th 05 03:52 PM