Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hep2o...

Not sure what pressure a blanking peg with grab ring removed (as per
instructions) is okay too, but it's apparently less than the pressure
generated in mains water system at the point where I turn the hosepipe
off, the wife screams, and I dance through the kitchen with the grace of
an overweight hippo wearing muddy trainers, all over my newly laid
tiles, lunging for the lever valve I thankfully fitted just upstream of
all my temporary hook-ups for the kitchen sink and outside tap.

Blanking plug now refitted with grab ring installed this time. I'll
never get it out, but at least it won't come out either.

Ben
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ben Blaukopf" wrote in message
Not sure what pressure a blanking peg with grab ring removed (as per
instructions) is okay too, but it's apparently less than the pressure
generated in mains water system

Think your getting different system components mixed up.

at the point where I turn the hosepipe off, the wife screams, and I dance
through the kitchen with the grace of an overweight hippo wearing muddy
trainers, all over my newly laid tiles, lunging for the lever valve I
thankfully fitted just upstream of all my temporary hook-ups for the
kitchen sink and outside tap.

Blanking plug now refitted with grab ring installed this time.

Your probably getting different system components mixed up as its impossible
to screw up the retaining cap if you fit current Hep2O blanking pegs into
current Hep2O fittings without removing the grap ring.

I'll never get it out, but at least it won't come out either.

You've definately got different system components mixed up. Speedfit plugs
into Hep2O perhaps but surely you could just unscrew the retaining cap to
get the peg out unless you are using slimline in which case you couldn't
remove the grap ring.

Your story doesn't add up.

Jim A

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:40:38 GMT, "Jim Alexander"
mused:

[...]

Hate to say it, but neither does yours.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:40:38 GMT, "Jim Alexander"
mused:

Hate to say it, but neither does yours.
--

well I at least provided some reasons, which ones exactly do you think are
wrong?

Jim A

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Alexander wrote:
"Ben Blaukopf" wrote in message
Your probably getting different system components mixed up as its impossible
to screw up the retaining cap if you fit current Hep2O blanking pegs into
current Hep2O fittings without removing the grap ring.

Sod it. I am. I didn't know about the existence of HX44s and have
somehow ended up with an HX41 which is a slimline blanking plug, and
supposed to be installed with the grab ring.

Which makes a lot more sense. Lesson learned - if it looks wrong, it is...

Ben

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 06:58:44 GMT, "Jim Alexander"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:40:38 GMT, "Jim Alexander"
mused:

Hate to say it, but neither does yours.
--

well I at least provided some reasons, which ones exactly do you think are
wrong?

Dunno, I can't work out what either of you are going on about tbh.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Ben Blaukopf
writes

Http://www.hep2o.co.uk/v2Oalterations.htm

--
Mark Roberts

Kinked Hep2O pipe [email protected] UK diy 5 March 5th 06 12:05 AM
Hep2O through an internal brick wall Mr Fizzion UK diy 3 August 11th 05 01:43 PM
Hep2O copper pipe end protector Mr Fizzion UK diy 12 August 5th 05 05:17 PM
Hep2o and mice Mr Fizzion UK diy 10 July 26th 05 10:00 AM
Speedfit vs Pushfit vs Hep2O etc. Set Square UK diy 43 November 24th 04 02:28 AM