Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing Wax Finish from Interior Doors

Hi, I need to remove a coloured Wax finish from a number of Interior
doors to take them back to the bare wood so they can be refinished,

Does anyone know the most effective and fastest way of doing this,
using white spirit or sandpaper seems to slowly do the trick but will
take days to finish this way,

Are there any better ways of going about this task?

Thanks, Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Stuart Noble
writes
fred wrote:
I think of it being a bit like washing up liquid or laundry liquid/powder, it
seems to dissolve the wax/grime and retain it in the liquid. Then when you
wipe off the excess, the wax comes with it and the surface appears wax
free and dry.

Well, yes, it acts like any detergent, but what stops it penetrating
what you describe as a porous surface?

This is the bit where you re-read:
It's one of those things that has to be seen to be believed, amazing stuff.

Try it, if it works for you, great, if it doesn't then come back and let us
know but I don't have intimate analytical knowledge of all the products that
I use, like and work for me, I'm just a satisfied user.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla