Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Securing an acrylic shower tray

I have bought an acrylic shower tray from B&Q but the instructions are
missing! I've read a few threads about installation, but still have a
few of questions to ask:

1. Once I have sorted out the waste pipe and levelled the tray using
the adjustable legs, do I stick the sides of the tray to the wall with
adhesive?

2. The tray does not have upstands. Can you buy something similar to
go up the wall behind the tiles (not yet fitted) to help seal it?

3. Does a tray like this require support underneath other than the
legs themselves? If so, quite a lot (of mortar?) would be required.
Would expanding foam do the trick?

Many thanks to anyone who takes the trouble to offer answers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for the useful advice, Dave. Mortar it is.

What does "Acrylic capped shower tray" mean ? woodglass UK diy 7 September 20th 06 07:12 PM
Acrylic-capped stone resin shower tray Pandora UK diy 2 June 20th 05 11:54 AM
Shower Tray John UK diy 2 February 9th 05 10:29 AM
Shower tray SH UK diy 1 May 9th 04 11:10 PM
Securing shower arm/head to wall John UK diy 2 October 29th 03 10:58 PM