Pandora

Default Acrylic-capped stone resin shower tray

I am proposing to buy a Mira "Flight" shower tray for a new shower. It
is made of acrylic-capped stone resin and sits on legs to allow
clearance for the waste trap between the tray and the floor.

I know this product is fairly new but I wondered if anyone had any
experiences that they could share concerning this type of tray.

Also, what about upstands? My shower will be enclosed by tiled wall on
three sides. Do I need a tray with three upstands, or four to prevent
the door seal leaking? The upstand height is 16mm above the top of the
tray. I haven't chosen a shower door yet.

Thanks.

BigWallop

"Pandora" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am proposing to buy a Mira "Flight" shower tray for a new shower. It
is made of acrylic-capped stone resin and sits on legs to allow
clearance for the waste trap between the tray and the floor.

I know this product is fairly new but I wondered if anyone had any
experiences that they could share concerning this type of tray.

Also, what about upstands? My shower will be enclosed by tiled wall on
three sides. Do I need a tray with three upstands, or four to prevent
the door seal leaking? The upstand height is 16mm above the top of the
tray. I haven't chosen a shower door yet.

Thanks.

You shouldn't have any problems with that type of tray, They are quite
common now, but do follow the installation guide properly of course. As for
upstands around the tray, then I'd say go with an under tile seal strip that
will catch everything and drop it in the tray. Have a look on the web, or
in your local tile shop, for "Homelux Seal Strip". It goes on the wall
first, then is tiled on top. This gives you a more discreet type of upstand
really, but, I think, always gives more protection from leaks forming around
the tray to wall joint.

Shower doors come with, or should, a flexible seal on the bottom. This seal
sits on top of the tray edge when the door is closed while in use, and is
enough to stop water getting out of the cubicle. It's also a good habit to
close the doors behind you when you're finished, and allow any water, and
condensation, to drip off in to the tray rather than on to the floor.

Good luck with it.

Pandora

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the information.