Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flame on Vokera Boiler

Hi, I have a Vokera (80SP) boiler which seems to be playing up. As I
understand it, it should have "low flame" and "high flame" to modulate
the water to the correct temperature. If I turn the hot water
temperature dial to the top it stays on high flame and I get hot
water. If I turn the dial down, then I get "high flame" followed by
"pilot only" followed by "high flame" etc so the water fluctuates from
red hot to luke warm.

It's as if the "low flame" doesn't fire for some reason. Can anyone
suggest what might cause this?

Thanks Vicky

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com
, writes
Hi, I have a Vokera (80SP) boiler which seems to be playing up. As I
understand it, it should have "low flame" and "high flame" to modulate
the water to the correct temperature. If I turn the hot water
temperature dial to the top it stays on high flame and I get hot
water. If I turn the dial down, then I get "high flame" followed by
"pilot only" followed by "high flame" etc so the water fluctuates from
red hot to luke warm.

It's as if the "low flame" doesn't fire for some reason. Can anyone
suggest what might cause this?

LOL, this appears to be the most DIY'd boiler on this group, there's a few
of us looking after them.

First step I would say is to download the Installer Manual from Vokera:
http://www.vokera.co.uk/ (needs flash), head for Installer Product Info
Discontinued Products

The manual has good fault finding flows and low flame fault finding and level
setting is one of the well documented sections.

You don't say if you have just inherited this boiler or if it has been yours for
a while and it has just broken down. If you have just inherited it then the
low flame setting may have been screwed up (or is that down) by someone
attempting a service. Trouble is that the setting is made via an all to visible
spindle (once the cover is off) and people seem to love having a fiddle,
follow the manual to obtain a reliable level. If however this has failed after
long and faithful service then it may be a symptom that it needs a good
service and clean out before resetting the flame.

Also have a search on google groups advanced search for vokera + 80SP
(or + excell) in this group and you will find a mine of information.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla

vokera combi boiler slimjim UK diy 3 October 2nd 06 07:47 PM
Vokera Linea 24 boiler Tim Steele UK diy 0 December 18th 05 10:39 PM
Vokera Excell 80 SP boiler. Neil UK diy 1 November 25th 05 07:07 PM
Vokera Linea 28 Boiler.... MrMoosehead UK diy 7 November 14th 05 12:13 AM
Ariston or Vokera boiler? stuart noble UK diy 34 June 19th 04 09:22 PM