Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radiator black sludge

Took rad off as I am decorating room.
Thought it an opportune moment to flush it out in garden.
Clear water and inhibitor came out when I drained it in the room prior
to taking it off the wall.
Flushing it with garden hosepipe shoved out loads of black sludge ..
and I mean loads ... yuk.
Second rad from same room, not so bad.
Now thinking to do them all as every room is being decorated.

Would the upstairs ones be more likely to be cleaner than the
downstairs ones ?

Mike P
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31 Jul, 23:28, Mike P mike@askme wrote:

Would the upstairs ones be more likely to be cleaner than the
downstairs ones ?

Mike P

Usually, since the sludge will find its way to the lowest point(s).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 01:51:10 -0700, 1501
wrote:

... On 31 Jul, 23:28, Mike P mike@askme wrote:
... Would the upstairs ones be more likely to be cleaner than the
... downstairs ones ?
... Mike P
... Usually, since the sludge will find its way to the lowest point(s).

Thanx Brian ....... I was hoping gravity would play a part. I will
flush all downstairs rads and see how they are.

Mike P

washer - sludge motsbc Home Repair 0 September 17th 06 12:26 AM
washer - sludge motsbc Home Repair 0 September 17th 06 12:24 AM
Central heating system de-sludge or just heat-exchanger de-sludge? Don Rojo UK diy 6 October 15th 04 07:13 AM
Central Heating removing sludge and changing radiator Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt Home Repair 1 May 16th 04 12:15 AM
Sludge! Andy Turnbull UK diy 9 November 16th 03 10:31 PM