DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Radiator black sludge (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/208910-radiator-black-sludge.html)

Mike P July 31st 07 11:28 PM

Radiator black sludge

Took rad off as I am decorating room.
Thought it an opportune moment to flush it out in garden.
Clear water and inhibitor came out when I drained it in the room prior
to taking it off the wall.
Flushing it with garden hosepipe shoved out loads of black sludge ..
and I mean loads ... yuk.
Second rad from same room, not so bad.
Now thinking to do them all as every room is being decorated.

Would the upstairs ones be more likely to be cleaner than the
downstairs ones ?

Mike P

1501 August 1st 07 09:51 AM

Radiator black sludge

On 31 Jul, 23:28, Mike P mike@askme wrote:

Would the upstairs ones be more likely to be cleaner than the
downstairs ones ?

Mike P

Usually, since the sludge will find its way to the lowest point(s).

Mike P August 1st 07 10:18 AM

Radiator black sludge

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 01:51:10 -0700, 1501
wrote:

... On 31 Jul, 23:28, Mike P mike@askme wrote:
... Would the upstairs ones be more likely to be cleaner than the
... downstairs ones ?
... Mike P
... Usually, since the sludge will find its way to the lowest point(s).

Thanx Brian ....... I was hoping gravity would play a part. I will
flush all downstairs rads and see how they are.

Mike P