Posted to uk.d-i-y
DrC DrC is offline

Default £77 for non-existent earth bonding?

Hi - I would really appreciate some help with this, thanks: We
recently had a new bathroom fitted, nothing fancy, just a replacement
bath, sink, loo and electric shower. Although we were only ever shown
a single, final figure for the work the fitters left an itemised job
sheet lying around showing that we have been charged £77 for "fitting
of additional earth bonding".

Now, I assume this refers to the fitting of the shower as this is the
only electric work we have had done (all new plumbing is plastic so
isn't earthed) but all I can see is a wire going from the shower,
through the floor to a newly fitted RCD and then into a junction box
below the meter (we have an old on/off box, the shower is the only
thing on an RCD).

So my query is: If the fitters had installed £77 worth of "additional
earth bonding" where would this be likely to be located? Because as
far as I can see all they've done is fitted the shower which was
billed as a separate item anyway.

Again, thanks for any advice.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DrC" wrote in message
oups.com...

some stuff

There's an echo here...

cheers,
clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31 Jul, 10:45, DrC wrote:

So my query is: If the fitters had installed £77 worth of "additional
earth bonding" where would this be likely to be located?

It would either be

a) equipotential bonding in the bathroom, often misdescribed as earth
bonding. This is a 4mm insulated cable connecting various metal bits
in the room

b) or it may be earth bonding at the meter, or from meter to mains
water supply.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo Geo is offline

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 02:45:02 -0700, DrC wrote:

Hi - I would really appreciate some help with this, thanks: We
recently had a new bathroom fitted, nothing fancy, just a replacement
bath, sink, loo and electric shower. Although we were only ever shown
a single, final figure for the work the fitters left an itemised job
sheet lying around showing that we have been charged £77 for "fitting
of additional earth bonding".

You need to look at the answers in thread started on July 18th
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_thread/thread/232673f65acf264f/cc4f6adb345b0a41#cc4f6adb345b0a41
or
http://tinyurl.com/yw7jxb

Geo

£77 for non-existent earth bonding? DrC UK diy 5 July 20th 07 10:53 PM
Cross-bonding/earth bonding gas meter Jim UK diy 1 July 28th 06 09:19 PM
Earth Bonding Adrian Brentnall UK diy 11 June 1st 05 08:40 PM
Earth Bonding alexbartman UK diy 11 January 22nd 05 12:27 PM
Earth bonding... SteveS UK diy 19 July 25th 04 10:02 AM