Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RFI on Kitchen Plinth Clips

Currently having a new kitchen fitted, and the fitter has just found
that the suppliers (Homebase) have only included four plinth clips,
which are essentially a thin sprung-metal affair that is fixed to the
top of the plinth and holds it in place by friction.

We need (a lot) more clips, especially as some base units will need
the plinth to be fixed to the exposed side as well as the front.

Is there a more substantial design of clip that is readily available
from the sheds? A Google hasn't come up with anything obvious, but
perhaps I'm searching on the wrong terms.

TIA.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:10:08 +0100, Terry Fields
wrote:

Currently having a new kitchen fitted, and the fitter has just found
that the suppliers (Homebase) have only included four plinth clips,
which are essentially a thin sprung-metal affair that is fixed to the
top of the plinth and holds it in place by friction.

We need (a lot) more clips, especially as some base units will need
the plinth to be fixed to the exposed side as well as the front.

Is there a more substantial design of clip that is readily available
from the sheds? A Google hasn't come up with anything obvious, but
perhaps I'm searching on the wrong terms.

TIA.

Have a look at the Woodfit website .If you don't get plinth clips
there I'll be very surprised .The one I have used you fit one piece to
the inner side of the plinth and the other part clips to it and to the
legs of the units .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:10:08 +0100, Terry Fields wrote:

Currently having a new kitchen fitted, and the fitter has just found that
the suppliers (Homebase) have only included four plinth clips, which are
essentially a thin sprung-metal affair that is fixed to the top of the
plinth and holds it in place by friction.

We need (a lot) more clips, especially as some base units will need the
plinth to be fixed to the exposed side as well as the front.

Is there a more substantial design of clip that is readily available from
the sheds? A Google hasn't come up with anything obvious, but perhaps I'm
searching on the wrong terms.

TIA.

==================================
If all else fails consider making your own using tool clips:

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;js...+clips&x=0&y=0

Cic.

--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:10:08 +0100 Terry Fields wrote :
Currently having a new kitchen fitted, and the fitter has just found
that the suppliers (Homebase) have only included four plinth clips,
which are essentially a thin sprung-metal affair that is fixed to the
top of the plinth and holds it in place by friction.

We need (a lot) more clips, especially as some base units will need
the plinth to be fixed to the exposed side as well as the front.

Is there a more substantial design of clip that is readily available
from the sheds? A Google hasn't come up with anything obvious, but
perhaps I'm searching on the wrong terms.

B&Q plinth clips are like Jubilee clips, screw to the back of the plinth
and then clip over the round unit legs. They sell them separately in
larger sheds.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:10:08 +0100 Terry Fields wrote :
Currently having a new kitchen fitted, and the fitter has just found
that the suppliers (Homebase) have only included four plinth clips,
which are essentially a thin sprung-metal affair that is fixed to the
top of the plinth and holds it in place by friction.

We need (a lot) more clips, especially as some base units will need
the plinth to be fixed to the exposed side as well as the front.

Is there a more substantial design of clip that is readily available
from the sheds? A Google hasn't come up with anything obvious, but
perhaps I'm searching on the wrong terms.

B&Q plinth clips are like Jubilee clips, screw to the back of the plinth
and then clip over the round unit legs. They sell them separately in
larger sheds.

Jubilee clips are hose clips aren't they?
Aren't you thinking of Terry clips?

--
Graham.
Profound_observation

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:41:06 +0100 Graham wrote :
Jubilee clips are hose clips aren't they?
Aren't you thinking of Terry clips?

Yes, it's Friday g

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tony Bryer wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:41:06 +0100 Graham wrote :
Jubilee clips are hose clips aren't they?
Aren't you thinking of Terry clips?

Yes, it's Friday g

The posher ones have a sliding mount for the clip so you don't have to
get them spot on in alignment with the legs.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 27, 3:10 pm, Terry Fields wrote:
Currently having a new kitchen fitted, and the fitter has just found
that the suppliers (Homebase) have only included four plinth clips,
which are essentially a thin sprung-metal affair that is fixed to the
top of the plinth and holds it in place by friction.

We need (a lot) more clips, especially as some base units will need
the plinth to be fixed to the exposed side as well as the front.

Is there a more substantial design of clip that is readily available
from the sheds? A Google hasn't come up with anything obvious, but
perhaps I'm searching on the wrong terms.

TIA.
--

Hi Terry,

Try these guys:

http://www.screwmaster.co.uk/index.a...T&productid=34

Regards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi Terry,

Try these guys:

http://www.screwmaster.co.uk/index.a...T&productid=34

Regards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 06:33:19 -0700 wrote :
Try these guys:

http://www.screwmaster.co.uk/index.a...T&productid=34

The B&Q ones are just like these.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Terry Fields wrote:

Currently having a new kitchen fitted, and the fitter has just found
that the suppliers (Homebase) have only included four plinth clips,
which are essentially a thin sprung-metal affair that is fixed to the
top of the plinth and holds it in place by friction.

We need (a lot) more clips, especially as some base units will need
the plinth to be fixed to the exposed side as well as the front.

Is there a more substantial design of clip that is readily available
from the sheds? A Google hasn't come up with anything obvious, but
perhaps I'm searching on the wrong terms.

Many thanks to all who replied.

In the end I found that about ten miles from here is a *huge* B&Q;
it's about the size of a couple of aircraft hangars. They had the
two-part clips in stock, and I got plenty for the job in hand at only
£1 for four....sorted, thanks!

fitting toe kick /plinth to kitchen [email protected] Woodworking 1 October 27th 05 01:18 PM
cutting down kitchen unit plinth Tim Smith UK diy 9 September 5th 05 09:01 AM
Kitchen Plinth Drawers Steve C UK diy 6 November 6th 04 01:56 PM
Why is the kitchen plinth always recessed? Rich UK diy 6 August 12th 03 08:23 AM
Kitchen plinth which way up? David UK diy 1 July 3rd 03 04:58 PM