Steve C

Default Kitchen Plinth Drawers

Hi,
Please could anyone tell me of any companies that sell kithen plinth
drawers?
(Drawers that fit under kitchen units). I have read an old post that states
that Ikea make them, but I don't think they still do.

Thanks for your help,
Steve.

nick smith

B and Q for sure, and probably other kitchen sellers (thellers?)

Nick

rockdoctor

IKEA still sell these and I just fitted them into my IKEA kitchen.
They work fine, but I had to make a lot of modifications to them to
get them to work properly;
Some self-tapping screws had to be replaced with nuts and bolts.
Under-drawer wheel needed a bit of wood under it to get it to correct
height.
Plinth material too thick to fit on front of drawer - I had to use a
router to shave off a fraction.
Whole drawer-front is too high using the pre-drilled holes, so I
redrilled the holes higher up to lower the drawer-front.

Another thing, the cabinet legs had to be a particular spacing for the
drawer to fit - and the normal way of fitting the cabinets gives a
different spacing. I had to ensure that each cabinet had its own set
of legs, rather than the alernative where each cabinet shares legs
with its neighbour.

Oh, and the drawers only come in 60cm width.
Rory

rockdoctor wrote:
[...]

Sounds like one of my typical DIY tasks - and my Better Half thinks
everything can be done in 5 mins.

John

Rory wrote:
rockdoctor wrote:
[...]

At least I get twice as long, everything in our house is a "ten minute
job"!!

John