Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone recommend Biasi condensing combi boilers ?

Does anyone have any first-hand experience of Biasi condensing combi
boilers and their reliability?

(NB, YES, I have read the FAQ, and, [before anyone says it], I don't
believe that you "always get what you pay for".)

Thanks,

Allen Y
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:49:44 +0100, Allen Y wrote:

Does anyone have any first-hand experience of Biasi condensing combi
boilers and their reliability?

(NB, YES, I have read the FAQ, and, [before anyone says it], I don't
believe that you "always get what you pay for".)

No sometimes you pay for a name which has a 'reputation'.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Allen Y" wrote in message

Does anyone have any first-hand experience of Biasi condensing combi
boilers and their reliability?

(NB, YES, I have read the FAQ, and, [before anyone says it], I don't
believe that you "always get what you pay for".)

Thanks,

Allen Y

I replaced our boiler with a £450 Biasi Riva earlier this year, it seems OK
but time will tell.

It replaced a 12 year old budget Savio boiler, I only bothered replacing it
because the timer had packed in and there was a leak I couldn't get a
spanner at to repair, given it's age I thought any ****ing about and
spending would be a waste.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Allen Y
writes

Does anyone have any first-hand experience of Biasi condensing combi
boilers and their reliability?

(NB, YES, I have read the FAQ, and, [before anyone says it], I don't
believe that you "always get what you pay for".)

Thanks,

Allen Y

Go and buy one and find out then ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:49:44 +0100, Allen Y wrote:

Does anyone have any first-hand experience of Biasi condensing combi
boilers and their reliability?

The ones that are in service now aren't likely to be more than about 3
years old. If they were dropping like flies it would be a clear warning,
but if they're not it doesn't mean they'll be good for 10 or 15 years.

One issue may be the price and availability of parts. Might be worth
checking out how much things like the gas valve, diverter valve, pump,
thermistors, fan etc are.

--
John Stumbles

Bitwise, byte foolish

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 01:32:26 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

Might be worth
checking out how much things like the gas valve, diverter valve, pump,
thermistors, fan etc are.

Thanks for the tip. I searched, and came up with:

Diverter Valve: £94 ex. VAT
Fan: £81.65
Pump: £92.57
Gas valve: £108.84
Thermistor: £13.46
Expansion vessel: £43

All not including VAT, I suspect.

Do these prices seem reasonable?

Thanks,

Allen

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:30:53 +0000 (UTC), Ed Sirett
wrote:

No sometimes you pay for a name which has a 'reputation'.

....yes, and then perhaps find you've bought the model that's fraught
with problems... :-/

Allen

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Might be worth
checking out how much things like the gas valve, diverter valve, pump,
thermistors, fan etc are.

Thanks for the tip. I searched, and came up with:

Diverter Valve: £94 ex. VAT
Fan: £81.65
Pump: £92.57
Gas valve: £108.84
Thermistor: £13.46
Expansion vessel: £43

Which kind of suggests that the all-in-one charge from BG and some
manufacturers of around £200 is a no brainer

All not including VAT, I suspect.

Do these prices seem reasonable?

Thanks,

Allen

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:57:37 +0100, Allen Y wrote:

Do these prices seem reasonable?

Comparable to respectable boilers.

Another factor would be whether the Biasi was (a) more likely to break
down thus incurring you those costs (b) in any way unusual or just
unfamiliar to whoever comes out to fix it, thus incurring more costs than
common, familiar models. Neither factor would be easily quantifiable.

--
John Stumbles

Bitwise, byte foolish

Condensing combi boilers - good/bad experiences? CharlieR UK diy 5 April 3rd 06 10:23 PM
Biasi condensing boilers rob UK diy 0 December 28th 04 12:14 AM
Condensing combi boilers Lynne Chapman UK diy 5 August 23rd 04 01:38 AM
Condensing Combi Boilers. Zapp Brannigan UK diy 6 November 10th 03 01:33 PM
Condensing-combi boilers Sapient Fridge UK diy 16 September 23rd 03 01:27 PM