Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q Trade Day

Picked up a flyer in my local B&Q superdepotwarehouse last week advertising
a 'Trade Day' today.

Displays & demos were promised, "meet the UKs leading suppliers & see the
latest equipment & materials".

Makita, Bosch, DeWalt, Irwin, Dulux, Karcher etc. Sounded good.

Got out of bed early to go & have a look before my first job. What a waste
of good sleeping time.

Only three stands; Dulux, Evode & Evolution Power Tools.

I did see some things of interest, Evodes 'Fast Foam' a two pack expanding
foam for small jobs that sets in 60 seconds - and it does
http://www.evode.co.uk/corpweb/p2.nsf at £4:99 its a dear way to buy
expanding foam, but useful for what I do & I charge it on anyway. Managed
to blag a free pack :-)

The other thing was a demo of the Evolution 'Rage' circular saw. Cut 6mm
mild steel with almost no sparks & then a worktop with no breakout - same
blade. With a blade change concrete slabs with almost no dust. It cuts
rather that abrades.

No use to me, but interesting & very impressive. Dunno how long a blade
lasts, replacements were £20. Some kind of super dooper tungsten carbide
apparently. Concrete slab cutting was most impressive.

Other than that a waste of time.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Trade school west Electronics 5 December 27th 06 11:33 PM
enzhou Taitong import & export trade Co., Ltd. is a stock-company specializing in the import & export trade that approved by the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations and Trade of People's Republic of China. The company registered capital is [email protected] UK diy 6 August 15th 06 01:46 AM
trade MDB Woodturning 7 April 26th 05 02:05 PM
FS or trade max Woodworking 0 January 8th 05 12:34 AM
OT - Take it out in trade Phil Crow Woodworking 9 January 8th 04 01:17 AM