Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default combination boiler

I was wondering if you could help i have a vokera excell
combi boiler the pilot is lit but the bioler does not operate what is the
likley fault cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 23:20:39 +0000, neil parcs wrote:

I was wondering if you could help i have a vokera excell
combi boiler the pilot is lit but the bioler does not operate what is the
likley fault cheers

It's too warm and the room thermostat is not calling for heat, and
nobody's turned on a hot tap so there's no need to fire for DHW. Or it's
powered off at the FCU.

If that doesn't fix it perhaps you'd better arrange for members of this
group to come round to your house and fix it for free. Or provide more
information for people here to have a snowball's hope of helping you
diagnose it.

--
John Stumbles

I've got nothing against racists - I just wouldn't want my daughter to marry one
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Jul, 15:52, John Stumbles wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 23:20:39 +0000, neil parcs wrote:
I was wondering if you could help i have a vokera excell
combi boiler the pilot is lit but the bioler does not operate what is the
likley fault cheers

It's too warm and the room thermostat is not calling for heat, and
nobody's turned on a hot tap so there's no need to fire for DHW. Or it's
powered off at the FCU.

If that doesn't fix it perhaps you'd better arrange for members of this
group to come round to your house and fix it for free. Or provide more
information for people here to have a snowball's hope of helping you
diagnose it.

--
John Stumbles

I've got nothing against racists - I just wouldn't want my daughter to marry one

Just as a peculiarity, we have a combi that had problems a while back
- would produce DHW fine, but wouldn't fire for the central heating.
The common factor every time that it happened was that someone had
left the hot tap for the bath dripping slightly (and dripping cold
water, as the drip wasn't enough to fire the boiler!).

Now, I've no idea why this would stop the combi firing for the central
heating, but once the dripping tap was turned fully closed the central
heating fired up straight away. Any ideas why this might have
happened?

So that's one bizarre thing to check. But as John says, I think
people might need more info. But the best answer is "call a plumber".

Matt

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:18:28 -0700, matthew.larkin wrote:

[...]

This fault is almost unique to the Pott. Puma combi. It arises from the
unique way that the HW/CH diverter valve is driven. Google archive for mor
details.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:27:27 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

This fault is almost unique to the Pott. Puma combi. It arises from the
unique way that the HW/CH diverter valve is driven. Google archive for
mor details.

Beat me to it!

Also (known as?) the Combi 100. You wouldn't know it's a Puma from the
outside. (And presumably there's a Combi 80 as well.)

--
John Stumbles

Testiculate [v.t]
To wave one's arms around while talking ********.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Jul, 21:03, John Stumbles wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:27:27 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:
This fault is almost unique to the Pott. Puma combi. It arises from the
unique way that the HW/CH diverter valve is driven. Google archive for
mor details.

Beat me to it!

Also (known as?) the Combi 100. You wouldn't know it's a Puma from the
outside. (And presumably there's a Combi 80 as well.)

--
John Stumbles

Testiculate [v.t]
To wave one's arms around while talking ********.

Blimey, you're good!! Yes, I have a Potterton Combi 100. When I did
have the problem I googled extensively but couldn't find an answer
(though at the time I didn't know that there was a dripping tap).

I'll track it down. Thanks!

Matt

Locating a combination boiler peter UK diy 7 March 3rd 06 08:50 PM
Combination Boiler SOS muthaleech UK diy 2 February 10th 06 10:45 PM
*Small* gas combination boiler? Dave Fawthrop UK diy 16 August 31st 05 11:53 PM
combination boiler dave UK diy 2 May 17th 05 02:43 PM
Combination boiler question MartinP UK diy 3 October 16th 04 10:43 PM