Posted to uk.d-i-y
olo olo is offline

Default CH - where else do I need valves

Hi folks,

Please could you advise where (if at all) to use full-bore lever
valves on my combi CH pipework. I have valves on flow and return
(supplied with boiler) then it's a 22mm main tree with 15mm branches
to 6 radiators (which all have TRVs + lockshields). Everything in one
zone.

I would probably use one for draining point but I am thinking - is
there any other place you would want to have valve ? Becasue it's a
closed system, can I create something to easier add cleaner/inhibitor
- what would that be ?

you help is appreciated ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

olo wrote:

Please could you advise where (if at all) to use full-bore lever
valves on my combi CH pipework. I have valves on flow and return
(supplied with boiler) then it's a 22mm main tree with 15mm branches
to 6 radiators (which all have TRVs + lockshields). Everything in one
zone.

I would probably use one for draining point but I am thinking - is

A fixed drain point can work well, especially if you can pipe the output
through the wall into a nearby gully. So much more civilised than titing
about with bits of hose and drippy hose connections.

there any other place you would want to have valve ? Becasue it's a
closed system, can I create something to easier add cleaner/inhibitor
- what would that be ?

You could arrange some combination of valves and a section of stand pipe
to allow you to isolate a bit of the system, drain it, replace with
inhibitor, and then valve it back into the system.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article om,
olo writes:
Hi folks,

Please could you advise where (if at all) to use full-bore lever
valves on my combi CH pipework. I have valves on flow and return
(supplied with boiler) then it's a 22mm main tree with 15mm branches
to 6 radiators (which all have TRVs + lockshields). Everything in one
zone.

My system splits into two branches early on (they are actaully
separate zones, but that's irrelevant here). I have isolation
valves for each branch to enable me to isolate one if it developed
a fault and keep the other working. Also, if you have a leak, you
could isolate first one and then the other, in order to narrow
down the area of the leak.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Washing Machine Water Inlet Valves - Cheap Source of Solonoid Control Valves? JoeyB Home Repair 2 January 4th 07 02:17 PM
Gate valves vs. Ball valves. Graham UK diy 28 August 21st 06 08:11 PM
Backflow Valves Alan Smithee Home Repair 1 June 30th 05 10:42 PM
Valves: eh? [email protected] UK diy 9 February 15th 05 12:37 PM
non-return valves, isolating valves and service valves Ron Askew UK diy 3 October 29th 03 07:32 PM