Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Alan Darlington

Default Fire Danger

Hi Folks,

In another thread I was proposing to use a piece exterior UPVC soffit
on a job inside the living room. Someone then reminded me of the
potential fire hazard. This has made me think of the potential fire
hazard of UPVC soffits and plastic gutters and also the internal
coatings on my new double-glazing. Does anyone know if the
soffit/window coatings have any fire-retardant properties? Also,
would it be effective to use fire-retardant paint on the piece of
soffit board in the house?

Thanks in advance,

Alan