Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Identify a fireplace

Hi,

My house has a fireplace identical to this one below:

http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/a7/85/1b91_3.JPG

We're taking it out to make way for a multifuel stove and would like to
know the make/model of this for when we put it up for sale.

Anyone got one/seen one?

Thanks,

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Kirkland wrote:

My house has a fireplace identical to this one below:
http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/a7/85/1b91_3.JPG
We're taking it out to make way for a multifuel stove and would like to
know the make/model of this for when we put it up for sale.
Anyone got one/seen one?

I doubt you'd find the make and model, unless there are markings/makers
name on the back of it.
Is it an original, or repro?
We changed our fireplace around 9 years ago, your sort were selling for
around £200 here in the Midlands then. Fully restored and in as new
condition they were being sold for around £800-1000.

You need to state the size of it also. Is it 16"?
Anything smaller is usually for bedrooms or kitchens, 16"+ for living
rooms.
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A.Lee wrote:
Andy Kirkland wrote:

My house has a fireplace identical to this one below:
http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/a7/85/1b91_3.JPG
We're taking it out to make way for a multifuel stove and would like to
know the make/model of this for when we put it up for sale.
Anyone got one/seen one?

I doubt you'd find the make and model, unless there are markings/makers
name on the back of it.
Is it an original, or repro?
We changed our fireplace around 9 years ago, your sort were selling for
around £200 here in the Midlands then. Fully restored and in as new
condition they were being sold for around £800-1000.

You need to state the size of it also. Is it 16"?
Anything smaller is usually for bedrooms or kitchens, 16"+ for living
rooms.
Alan.

I sold a small one like that for 75 quid on ebay.

I would say that one would fetch around £100-£150, but don't attempt to
courier it for less than £50-60...

Just E-bay it as 'cast iron tiled victorian fire surround' and watch the
bids flow in.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Identify a fireplace - Follow up

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
A.Lee wrote:
Andy Kirkland wrote:

[...]

Well, took the fireplace out - gave it a clean. 5 days on eBay and.......

.......£820!

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A.Lee wrote:
Andy Kirkland wrote:

[...]

Yup. I sold my Defender on Ebay. Trade offer was £7500, I got £10,600
for it.

And was actually offered £11k for an early sale..should have took it!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Kirkland
writes
Hi,

My house has a fireplace identical to this one below:

http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/a7/85/1b91_3.JPG

We're taking it out to make way for a multifuel stove and would like to
know the make/model of this for when we put it up for sale.

You mean - I'm selling a fireplace here on ebay, so I though I'd
advertise it here

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:
In message , Andy Kirkland
writes
Hi,

My house has a fireplace identical to this one below:

http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/a7/85/1b91_3.JPG

We're taking it out to make way for a multifuel stove and would like
to know the make/model of this for when we put it up for sale.

You mean - I'm selling a fireplace here on ebay, so I though I'd
advertise it here

No,

I mean - I am trying to find the make/model/value for the fireplace I
have that is still firmly attached to the chimney breast in my house and
saw an identical one on eBay and linked to the photo.

:S

Andy