Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mat or Board to Stop Fire Marking Patio

I've got a few odds & ends I'd like to burn in my dustbin sized
incinerator. The only place I've got to put it is an area of patio at
the end of my garden; however I don't want to put the incinerator
directly on the patio stones as it would mark them..

Is there anything I can put under the incinerator to stop it marking?
It needs to be easy to store & not hideously expensive - I'm thinking
of some kind of a fire or heat retardant mat or board but haven't been
able to find anything.

Any ideas?

Michael

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...

I've got a few odds & ends I'd like to burn in my dustbin sized
incinerator. The only place I've got to put it is an area of patio at
the end of my garden; however I don't want to put the incinerator
directly on the patio stones as it would mark them..

Is there anything I can put under the incinerator to stop it marking?
It needs to be easy to store & not hideously expensive - I'm thinking
of some kind of a fire or heat retardant mat or board but haven't been
able to find anything.

Any ideas?

Michael

Builders merchants stock glass fibre reinforced cement board as used above
woodburners in inglenooks, sorry can't remember the trade names. Or will the
leg spacing let it stand on a sheet of corrugated iron?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:02:13 -0700, michaeld121 wrote:

I've got a few odds & ends I'd like to burn in my dustbin sized
incinerator. The only place I've got to put it is an area of patio at the
end of my garden; however I don't want to put the incinerator directly on
the patio stones as it would mark them..

Is there anything I can put under the incinerator to stop it marking? It
needs to be easy to store & not hideously expensive - I'm thinking of some
kind of a fire or heat retardant mat or board but haven't been able to
find anything.

Any ideas?

Michael

==================================
A 2' x 2' paving slab should do unless you're going to generate a very
intense heat. When you've finished your burning you can use the slab for a
barbecue.

Cic.

--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...

I've got a few odds & ends I'd like to burn in my dustbin sized
incinerator. The only place I've got to put it is an area of patio at
the end of my garden; however I don't want to put the incinerator
directly on the patio stones as it would mark them..

Is there anything I can put under the incinerator to stop it marking?
It needs to be easy to store & not hideously expensive - I'm thinking
of some kind of a fire or heat retardant mat or board but haven't been
able to find anything.

Any ideas?

Michael

Masterclad or Vemiculux board

http://www.fgfgroup.demon.co.uk

Tony

Old mat well Andy Cap UK diy 7 March 10th 06 10:36 AM
Board in hearth of inset gas fire Alan Kennedy UK diy 2 December 17th 05 09:56 PM
Proper way to flash ledger board under patio door Tim Fischer Home Repair 2 July 1st 05 03:19 PM
Patio door stop? stuart noble UK diy 2 July 18th 04 10:17 PM
Help - one zone not heating - Oil Fire Heat base board. sams Home Repair 17 January 6th 04 04:27 PM