Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Running mains to bottom of garden

Having a rather large garden I need 2 long extension leads to reach the
bottom. There I have a pond from which I am pumping water to water my
vegetable patch, it is a bit of a pain running the extension leads down
and back. Now bearing in mind that it will only be used in dry weather
and in the Summer is it practical to run cabling down on a semi
permanent basis. If so what cable specification should I use, I
envisage plugging it in to a 13 amp plug when needed and having a
waterproof socket on the bottom end. As I have a strong wire mesh fence
all the way down I thought of attaching the cable to this fence about 2'
above ground. Viable or not please?

Wiring up an outbuilding - how to get domestic mains down the garden Trojan Hussar UK diy 1 October 12th 06 12:27 PM
Running an LPG gas supply to a garden shed Nigel Molesworth UK diy 2 March 11th 06 01:53 PM
Sandbox bottom? rob Woodworking 17 August 3rd 05 09:58 PM
Running power to a garden terrace [email protected] UK diy 9 July 4th 05 09:31 PM