Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

Default Running an LPG gas supply to a garden shed

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:09:28 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

rather than having separate small cylinders
to supply the kiln it would seem sensible to have it connected to the
supply from the bulk tank

Are you sure? The price of the gas is similar, so the only difference
is convenience. How often is the kiln used?

--
Nigel M
Posted to uk.d-i-y
CampinGazz

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:09:28 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

rather than having separate small cylinders
to supply the kiln it would seem sensible to have it connected to the
supply from the bulk tank

Are you sure? The price of the gas is similar, so the only difference
is convenience. How often is the kiln used?

Depends on who's bottles of gas you use, if you use calor then your prices
will be double at least, if not more,

when i fitted a gas tank to my first motorhome i was amazed at the price
differance.. even filling up with autogas which has road duty paid on it, i
was paying half the price than i was for the same ammount of gas in calor
bottles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
CampinGazz

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:16:07 +0000, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:09:28 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

rather than having separate small cylinders
to supply the kiln it would seem sensible to have it connected to the
supply from the bulk tank

Are you sure? The price of the gas is similar, so the only difference
is convenience. How often is the kiln used?

Good point. I just assumed it would be very much more expensive in
small (say 19kg) cylinders. I currently pay 38.9 pence per litre for
bulk (FloGas, which includes all their recent 'surcharges'),
equivalent to about 76p per kilo (assuming a density of 0.51 g/ml).
Not sure what 19kg exchange cylinders cost - only answer phones
available at weekends!

from my experiance with calor gas it's more like a pound a litre for their
gas, i have the advantage that my gas tank is fitted to a motorhome, so i
can drive around to find the cheapest supplier, used to be morrisons at
29.9p a litre, and that's with road tax paid on it, but all gas prices have
gone up a bit now, so it's more like 34p a litre, still a hell of a saving
compared to when i used bottled gas, and i can re-fill the tank when i want,
rather than waiting for the cylinder to run out... which is always when it's
raining in the middle of the night, so you wake up to warm beer in the
fridge and a freezing van.