Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Broken Shower Switch

Hi,

I know nothing about this type of stuff so hope someone can shed some
light on the subject. My shower switch seems to have broken (the box
with the cord that comes from the ceiling). This isn't the first time
that this has happend which makes me wonder if replacing the box may
not be enough. Could it be due to dodgy wiring or something similar.
When I pull the cord, the light comes on but is very faint. Any
ideas?
How much would something like this cost to get replaced?

Thanks

Sion