Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cable storage, hanger sort of things, what are they called?

I'm after some of those cable storage devices which are sort of slots
with floppy edges into which you can push cables for storage. You
mount them on a wall or whatever and the cables hang down, they
usually look a bot messy but keep the cables fairly untangled for when
you want to use them.

They're generally for storing cables with plugs on the end, mains
cables, audio cables, etc.

Does anyone know what they're called or where one might buy them?

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 4, 3:41 pm, wrote:
I'm after some of those cable storage devices which are sort of slots
with floppy edges into which you can push cables for storage. You
mount them on a wall or whatever and the cables hang down, they
usually look a bot messy but keep the cables fairly untangled for when
you want to use them.

They're generally for storing cables with plugs on the end, mains
cables, audio cables, etc.

Does anyone know what they're called or where one might buy them?

--
Chris Green

Closest I can think of is cable management systems, used in comms
racks to keep all the CAT5 tidy. Stuff like this:
http://www.cmwltd.co.uk/catalogue.asp?cat=E11
or this:
http://www.cmwltd.co.uk/catalogue.asp?cat=E9

But I suspect that these operate at right angles to what you're
looking for.
--
Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 14:41:04 +0000, tinnews wrote:

I'm after some of those cable storage devices which are sort of slots with
floppy edges into which you can push cables for storage. You mount them
on a wall or whatever and the cables hang down, they usually look a bot
messy but keep the cables fairly untangled for when you want to use them.

They're generally for storing cables with plugs on the end, mains cables,
audio cables, etc.

Does anyone know what they're called or where one might buy them?

==================================
It's easy to make one. Take a piece of 3" x 1" timber about 3' long. Drill
a row of holes (5/8" diameter approx) about 1" in from one edge. Cut a
slot from the edge into each hole wide enough to accept your cable sizes.
Hang the whole thing on a wall. Forget the floppy restraints - the cables
will stay in place under their own weight.

Cic.

--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rob Hamadi wrote:
On Jun 4, 3:41 pm, wrote:
[...]

Yes, and they're "cable management" rather than "cable storage"
systems. I'm looking for the sort of thing I remember having at work
(electronics development) back in the 1960s and 1970s. They were
fixed to the wall and one hung 'scope leads, interconnecting cables,
mains leads, etc. on them.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cicero wrote:
[...]

Very true, I may well do this, especially as I have a router which
makes cutting the slots even easier.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 08:04:06 UTC, wrote:

Nearest thing I can find is at
http://www.cpc.co.uk

search for item AV07087

Yes, that's the sort of thing I'm after, expensive for a bit of metal
though isn't it!

Well, now you know what they look like....this is a DIY group!

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
Yes, and they're "cable management" rather than "cable storage"
systems. I'm looking for the sort of thing I remember having at work
(electronics development) back in the 1960s and 1970s. They were
fixed to the wall and one hung 'scope leads, interconnecting cables,
mains leads, etc. on them.

Everywhere I've worked in use a version of coat hooks for this. There is
(was) a popular system that used a sort of grid that allowed special ones
to be clipped in where needed. Think it may have been Dexion.

--
*I don't suffer from insanity -- I'm a carrier

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Rob Hamadi wrote:
On Jun 4, 3:41 pm, wrote:
[...]

I know that RS sell something like that (little plastic prongs on a metal
bar) but I could not locate them on their website.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-06-06 11:23:16 +0100, Owain said:

wrote:
I'm after some of those cable storage devices which are sort of slots
with floppy edges
Canford audio
http://www.canford.co.uk/commerce/re...tails/2654.pdf
Item 11-201
Not floppy edges though.

That almost smacks of "gold plated mains cables"! :-)

But if Canford did gold plated mains cables they would be genuine BBC
approved gold plated mains cables.

You should see how much they charge for a "doorknob" cable hanger...

Owain

I do like the 3U wine rack for 480mm racks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:

I'm surprised they don't make a rack-mounting coffee machine. Preferably
a modified Miele.[1]

Owain

[1] Miele CVA4085 Coffee Machine, £1715

They are utter ****e, nasty construction, stupid design - small waste
water container, can't grind beans, only has a manual coffee container,
wastes hidden deep inside the case, nowhere to warm cups, no strength
control and they can't make a decent ristretto. They are only sold to
people who want a Miele label and who don't know what coffee should
taste like. They will spend £1750 on a machine then fill it with Douwe
Egberts pre-ground pencil shavings.

If you want decent coffee the starting point is a Saeco 30320 Royal
Professional. If you want decent coffee beans the starting point is
Illy.

Not only is the Saeco head and shoulders above the Miele in terms of the
coffee it makes, it's also half the price.

http://www.xpresscoffeeuk.co.uk/prod...products_id=71
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-06-06 22:32:50 +0100, Owain said:

Andy Hall wrote:
[Canford Audio]
I do like the 3U wine rack for 480mm racks.

I'm surprised they don't make a rack-mounting coffee machine.
Preferably a modified Miele.[1]

Owain

[1] Miele CVA4085 Coffee Machine, £1715
http://www.diyappliancewarehouse.com...n.aspx?ID=6596

Seen it.

I think that the Gaggia ones are better.

Cable storage - revisited John Rumm UK diy 0 May 9th 07 01:15 AM
Cable storage John Rumm UK diy 8 April 12th 07 01:45 PM
IBM Squaer network cable What is it called? Michael Kennedy Electronics Repair 3 September 26th 05 05:18 AM
Tool storage hanger ideas sought carl mciver Metalworking 18 July 29th 05 06:03 PM
What are these things called ? Rick UK diy 6 February 8th 05 09:14 PM