Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Leaky Loo & urine stinking floorboards

When I bought my house (almost a year ago) I noticed in hot days that
there was an odd, minging and familiar smell in the bathroom and
kitchen (below the bathroom).

IEventually I stripped my kitchen ceiling pannels away only to
discover a few damp marks where leaks occured. The dark ones did not
concern me too much, but the white one did. The white patch looks &
smells like crystalised urine and is right under the toilet so I
ripped the laminate flooring to reveal a few crystally urine marks.

My plan now is to unscrew the toilet, remove the toilet (I don't have
a clue how to do any of this), remove the floorboards in the area and
assess the damage. I will probably need to remove the fibre glass
insulation in that section and replace they plasterboard on the
kitchen ceiling.

Can anyone see any flaws in my plan?

Thanks in advance

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The white patch looks & smells like crystalised urine and is right
under the toilet so I ripped the laminate flooring to reveal a few
crystally urine marks.

Something was recommended in here the other day for urine smells -
prochem urine neutralizer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31 May, 20:42, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:
The white patch looks & smells like crystalised urine and is right
under the toilet so I ripped the laminate flooring to reveal a few
crystally urine marks.

Something was recommended in here the other day for urine smells -
prochem urine neutralizer

Thanks Colin.

I spoke to Express Cleaning Supplies today, the lady I spoke to said
it might not work on urine once it has crystalised. I'm more worried
about the insulation and whatever else underneath to be honest.

Gaps in floorboards & carpet & felt underlay monrae fordi Home Repair 7 December 23rd 06 02:19 PM
Laying T&G Floorboards Kevin UK diy 2 October 30th 06 08:26 AM
Sump Pump & Leaky Basement [email protected] Home Repair 5 August 29th 06 03:50 PM
Cat urine in carpet & kilz nina Home Repair 0 January 14th 06 06:43 AM