Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Socket in shower

Can anyone remind me of the URL for the picture
of a double socket outlet in a shower? Thanks.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Can anyone remind me of the URL for the picture
of a double socket outlet in a shower? Thanks.

http://www.sda.co.uk/images/shower.jpg

HTH
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That's got to be in a showroom or something .......right

Posted to uk.d-i-y

405 TD Estate wrote:
That's got to be in a showroom or something .......right

You'd think so, but no:
http://tinyurl.com/2tt2vv

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
Can anyone remind me of the URL for the picture
of a double socket outlet in a shower? Thanks.

http://www.sda.co.uk/images/shower.jpg

HTH
David

Ah - ideal for a foot spa?

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On a more serious note I need to put a shaving socket in the bathroom
- I assume this is just a straight 240v supply to the socket?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

405 TD Estate wrote:
On a more serious note I need to put a shaving socket in the bathroom
- I assume this is just a straight 240v supply to the socket?

Yes, but the socket itself contains an isolation transformer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18 May, 12:36, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
405 TD Estate wrote:
On a more serious note I need to put a shaving socket in the bathroom
- I assume this is just a straight 240v supply to the socket?

Yes, but the socket itself contains an isolation transformer.

Aah OK So that limits potential current right... yet voltage is still
at 240.

I have read in several places that it takes only a few milliamps to
kill you and it is the voltage which is required to start using your
body as a short so how is this safer? It's a question i'm not having a
go or anything.

Put it this way if I had to touch either a 12v car battery with 300A
available or 240v with (say) 1/2 A available in a wet bathroom I know
which i'd go for (12v!)