Junior Member

Default Cavity wall insulation

I have a 2 b/r ground floor flat in a 70s built block. My neighbour upstairs is considering C.W.I and needs to rope me in as well. Apparently grants are now available.
I assume they do it by boring & injecting under pressure. My concern is that as I have the g/floor the insulation will bridge the damp course. Any thoughts please?
Also are there different grades of insulation?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 May 2007 15:47:18 +0100 someone who may be mikehh
wrote this:-

I have a 2 b/r ground floor flat in a 70s built block. My neighbour
upstairs is considering C.W.I and needs to rope me in as well.
Apparently grants are now available.
I assume they do it by boring & injecting under pressure. My concern
is that as I have the g/floor the insulation will bridge the damp
course.

Not if it is done by people using the right materials.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Cavity wall insulation Tricia UK diy 13 October 26th 06 11:04 AM
cavity wall insulation - interior wall ? completed now Pete Cross UK diy 2 May 12th 06 12:40 PM
Cavity Wall Insulation - Do I Have It? Terence UK diy 0 March 15th 06 10:01 PM
Cavity Wall Insulation Yes or NO [email protected] UK diy 7 September 25th 05 02:16 PM
Cavity Wall Insulation patrick j UK diy 7 March 28th 05 11:29 PM