Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default rsj specification for hole in wall

Hello to all. I have an opening in a wall that is capped with an rsj. I
don't know how old the work is and I do not suspect that it is unsafe,
but I would like to check just for my own peace of mind.

Having exposed the rsj during some re-plastering, the only identifying
marks I can see on it are "EXB 100 2700", printed in just that order. Is
it possible to identify the manufacturer, load bearing capacity etc from
this?

The span is about 2.4m and the rsj is sitting in a single brick
thickness wall, extending about 8 or 9 inches into the wall either side
of the opening.

Advice appreciated. Regards, Jim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

J Walsh wrote:

Having exposed the rsj during some re-plastering, the only identifying
marks I can see on it are "EXB 100 2700", printed in just that order. Is
it possible to identify the manufacturer, load bearing capacity etc from
this?

The span is about 2.4m and the rsj is sitting in a single brick
thickness wall, extending about 8 or 9 inches into the wall either side
of the opening.

Advice appreciated. Regards, Jim

Might help if we knew the size of the RSJ and also what it is holding up.

--
Cheers,

John.