A.A. Collister

Default Indesit WG820 water supply

I've just obtained a second hand Indesit WG820 without an instruction
manual. I may be missing something obvious, but as far as I can see
there is nothing on the machine to indicate which inlet is for the hot
water and which for the cold. If anyone has this model and can enlighten
me (or give any suggestions on how we can work it out for ourselves)
we'd be very grateful!
Thanks very much,
Adrian
burbeck

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:08:00 +0100, "A.A. Collister"
wrote:

I've just obtained a second hand Indesit WG820 without an instruction
manual. I may be missing something obvious, but as far as I can see
there is nothing on the machine to indicate which inlet is for the hot
water and which for the cold. If anyone has this model and can enlighten
me (or give any suggestions on how we can work it out for ourselves)
we'd be very grateful!
Thanks very much,
Adrian

hi adrian
look to see if there is a spot of paint or other mark near the inlets,
red hot, blue cold
regards
bob
Nick Lockett

"A.A. Collister" wrote in message

I've just obtained a second hand Indesit WG820 without an instruction
manual. I may be missing something obvious, but as far as I can see
there is nothing on the machine to indicate which inlet is for the hot
water and which for the cold. If anyone has this model and can enlighten
me (or give any suggestions on how we can work it out for ourselves)
we'd be very grateful!
Thanks very much,
Adrian

This appears to be a current model so you could go into Comet, Curry's etc
and see if you can get a look at an instruction manual.
When I lost the manual for my Zanussi washing machine I rang up the spares
dept. and they offered to send me one for £3.50.
I've found two numbers which claim to be Indesit spares and service 08709
066066 and 08706 070805 - I can't guarantee that either is correct but maybe
worth a try.
Nick.

Tony Bryer

In article , Nick
Lockett wrote:
This appears to be a current model so you could go into Comet,
Curry's etc and see if you can get a look at an instruction manual.

The Indesit website is http://www.merloni.com/Indesit - a prime
example of a company blowing loads of money on Flash rubbish instead
of making it easy to find what you want. But this one (WG820) isn't
listed and they only carry instruction books for current models.

Nick Lockett

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Nick
Lockett wrote:
This appears to be a current model so you could go into Comet,
Curry's etc and see if you can get a look at an instruction manual.

The Indesit website is http://www.merloni.com/Indesit - a prime
example of a company blowing loads of money on Flash rubbish instead
of making it easy to find what you want. But this one (WG820) isn't
listed and they only carry instruction books for current models.

I lost patience with www.merloni.com and got my information by searching
Google for the model number. A number of suppliers claim to have new stock.
Nick.

Christian McArdle

but as far as I can see there is nothing on the machine to indicate which
inlet is for the hot water and which for the cold.

Get a 'Y' piece and plumb it up cold fill only. Modern ecologically friendly
machines use hardly any water. By the time it has used up the cold lying in
the pipe and drawn any hot water (and it will only even try on 60C+ washes),
it is full and has to heat the cold up using its element anyway. Many
manufacturer's have abandoned the hot fill concept because of this and only
supply a cold fill (and save on the valve and fittings).

Christian.

Adrian Collister

Thanks to everyone for all the advice - we've now solved the mystery, by
running a hot cycle followed by a rinse cycle and checking which inlet the
machine drew water from for each cycle...
Cheers,
Adrian