Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shuffleing the hardcore areound

As mentioned before I am at the planning stage of incorporating a bit of
old Road into my garden.

I will have about 40 ton (cubic yds) of sucessive layers of old road,
surface probably good hardcore.

Anyone have a ballpark figure of how much it will cost to get rid of this
completly, or should I plan to just shuffle it around.

--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
As mentioned before I am at the planning stage of incorporating a bit of
old Road into my garden.

I will have about 40 ton (cubic yds) of sucessive layers of old road,
surface probably good hardcore.

Anyone have a ballpark figure of how much it will cost to get rid of this
completly, or should I plan to just shuffle it around.

Shuffle it around? What, down your trouser legs like in "The Great Escape"?

I should just dig a big hole somewhere on the property and bury it if I
were you...

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
As mentioned before I am at the planning stage of incorporating a bit of
old Road into my garden.

I will have about 40 ton (cubic yds) of sucessive layers of old road,
surface probably good hardcore.

Anyone have a ballpark figure of how much it will cost to get rid of this
completly, or should I plan to just shuffle it around.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could sell the hardcore on eBay, buyer
collects of course. I doubt you would mind if you only got 99p for it. The
real cost will probably be in buying something useful to replace it with.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 06:58:09 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
mused:

As mentioned before I am at the planning stage of incorporating a bit of
old Road into my garden.

I will have about 40 ton (cubic yds) of sucessive layers of old road,
surface probably good hardcore.

Anyone have a ballpark figure of how much it will cost to get rid of this
completly, or should I plan to just shuffle it around.

Ask around, if someone wants it it could cost you nothing. I know
someone who has a farm with lots of big trenches and pits. He often
has firms coming and dropping hardcore FOC as it saves him buying it
and saves them paying to take it away.

Obviously this would be from companies with fleets of transport
suitable for moving tons of hardcore, you'd have to come to some
arrangement.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lurch" wrote in message
[...]

The draw back of that is if the Environmental Police get wind of it.
Last year I had to pull out of a farm purchase as the owner had filled
a valley (for which he had planning permission) and had no evidence of
what was dumped there. The Environment Agency were insisting on a
series of major test pits, and if any contaminents were found it would
all have had to be removed (18,000 cu metres!) They classed ANY tarmac
or road scalpings as contaminents, and any trace of asbestos or
vehicles with oil. Quite a good chance I reckon and couldn't take the
risk. Subsequently the owner sold the land for cash to five
individuals as five transactions, and when the gipsy who was one of
them found out beat him up and he fled abroad !!!

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Dave Fawthrop contains these words:

As mentioned before I am at the planning stage of incorporating a bit of
old Road into my garden.

I will have about 40 ton (cubic yds) of sucessive layers of old road,
surface probably good hardcore.

If you really have 40 cubic yards to shift I think you will find that is
a good deal closer to 80 tons than 40 and at your age and decrepitude
that isn't something you should be considering shifting manually.

Anyone have a ballpark figure of how much it will cost to get rid of this
completly, or should I plan to just shuffle it around.

As you are going to have to get someone in with a digger you might be
able to come to some offsetting arrangement with the contractor. Clean
hardcore must have some value as infill.

If you are going to advertise it for sale be careful how you specify it.
Good hardcore has more than one meaning and you really don't want porn
merchants queuing up outside hoping for a piece of the action. :-)

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from Dave Fawthrop contains
these words:

As mentioned before I am at the planning stage of incorporating a bit
of
old Road into my garden.

I will have about 40 ton (cubic yds) of sucessive layers of old road,
surface probably good hardcore.

snip

As you are going to have to get someone in with a digger you might be
able to come to some offsetting arrangement with the contractor. Clean
hardcore must have some value as infill.

If there's any tarmac in it, the cost of disposal goes up. I expect
you'll have to pay fairly seriously for someone to take it away. I had
around 135 tons of old driveway to get rid of, and I found that having
one deal with a local firm to provide digger, driver, tipper lorry, and
disposal worked quite well. By having one contract, it was their
problem, not mine, when the JCB broke down and the lorry was left
waiting. How you assess whether the digger driver is going to be
competent is entirely another matter, and one to which, sadly, I can
offer no solution, as I failed dismally in that respect.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
As mentioned before I am at the planning stage of incorporating a bit of
old Road into my garden.

I will have about 40 ton (cubic yds) of sucessive layers of old road,
surface probably good hardcore.

Anyone have a ballpark figure of how much it will cost to get rid of this
completly, or should I plan to just shuffle it around.

I hired a digger and dump truck and buried mine at the bottom of the garden.

Find someone who needs hardcore to build an extension on..or someone who
is making a road.

Hardcore needed for hardstanding? Franko UK diy 11 April 21st 06 12:26 AM
Hardcore & Type 1 david lang UK diy 6 November 29th 05 07:38 AM
hardcore.. Paul Andrews UK diy 1 August 6th 05 05:37 PM
Front Drive Hardcore Question? Rakster UK diy 4 May 7th 05 07:53 PM
Compacting my hardcore! Lobster UK diy 12 April 1st 05 01:00 AM