Rakster

Default Front Drive Hardcore Question?

Hello,

I have just finished digging my front lawn and remove all the slabs
from the side of the house with the intention of block/slab paving at
some point. Didn't realise how big of a job I took on but well
satisfied that I have finished it.Needless to say i am totally tired
and the back is killing. I am in no rush to pave it as yet so i just
want to put some hardcore/gravel or something similar down intially
so that i can drive the car on the driveway.I just wanted your
advice/recommendation if there are any particulr type of hardcore i
need to use.

Many Thanks.
Richard Faulkner

In message , Rakster
writes
Hello,

I have just finished digging my front lawn and remove all the slabs
from the side of the house with the intention of block/slab paving at
some point. Didn't realise how big of a job I took on but well
satisfied that I have finished it.Needless to say i am totally tired
and the back is killing. I am in no rush to pave it as yet so i just
want to put some hardcore/gravel or something similar down intially
so that i can drive the car on the driveway.I just wanted your
advice/recommendation if there are any particulr type of hardcore i
need to use.

Many Thanks.

I think MOT limestone forms a good base for a drive. Not attractive, but
handy for the future.

--
Richard Faulkner
Dave

"Rakster" wrote in message
m...
Hello,

I have just finished digging my front lawn and remove all the slabs
from the side of the house with the intention of block/slab paving at
some point. Didn't realise how big of a job I took on but well
satisfied that I have finished it.Needless to say i am totally tired
and the back is killing. I am in no rush to pave it as yet so i just
want to put some hardcore/gravel or something similar down intially
so that i can drive the car on the driveway.I just wanted your
advice/recommendation if there are any particulr type of hardcore i
need to use.

http://www.pavingexpert.com/bpvseq01.htm

This website's the business!

The Natural Philosopher

Rakster wrote:

Hello,

I have just finished digging my front lawn and remove all the slabs
from the side of the house with the intention of block/slab paving at
some point. Didn't realise how big of a job I took on but well
satisfied that I have finished it.Needless to say i am totally tired
and the back is killing. I am in no rush to pave it as yet so i just
want to put some hardcore/gravel or something similar down intially
so that i can drive the car on the driveway.I just wanted your
advice/recommendation if there are any particulr type of hardcore i
need to use.

Many Thanks.

Definitely crushable limestone. Do what I did and leave it for a year or
to to crush down, or borrow a few 30 ton trucks to reverse up and down it.

When its settled in nicely, think about a top surface. After the back
operation.;-)

Its the best ever surface for car parking from a structural point of
view. It just looks ****e.